Kid reviews for Fallen Angels

Fallen Angels Poster Image

Real War

This book is really well written on the part of Walter Dean Myers. It shows how real war is, and how war doesn't just make men into soldiers, it takes boys and turns them into fighters who fight by instinct to survive, live, and kill. I say kill because really these soldiers don't kill for the US, they have to kill to survive, in Nam, it's kill or be killed. And this novel shows that extremely well. Unfortunately along with that comes violence swearing and all that other good stuff parents love, but the exposer shows how these boys transformed, and not in a good way.

Fallen Angels review by Jonathan Lopez

After finishing the book "Fallen Angels" by Walter Dean Myers as my eighth grade reading project I found myself relieved to say that i finished the book. Although I found the story to be very exhilarating,the story had very graphic content which for some may be off putting. Despite the graphic content and occasional use of profanity, "Fallen Angels" ,unlike books i have read in the past, not only made me laugh,but also got me thinking about the events that occurred throughout the story. Perhaps it's brutal reality of the war,not to mention the many unique personalities that each character had, is what makes this book so enjoyable.

good,boring at first, lots of cussing but good book

i thought it was bad at some parts because they talked about diseases and such. Also tons of cussin and a bit boring i thought but it taught me alot i enjoyed it.

Good for teens

Even though it has crude language and gorey content, its good for anyone on and over the age of 12. If they can handle language and war novels.

Fallen Angels

Fallen Angels was a great book. Even though it had some harsh language it tells the realties of war, and makes you think twice about the risks that are taken when joining the war effort.

Graphic, intense, and brutal war story

Fallen Angels is an intense, gritty Vietnam war story that offers plenty to think about. This is a rare book because it does not glamorize the violence of war. It is portrayed as it is: sad and brutal. There is lots of strong language, including tons of uses of words like f-ck and s-it. There is also some sex talk between soldiers and references to venereal diseases. Overall, Fallen Angels should be read by anyone mature enough for it.

Angel Warriors

its such an awsome book.. it makes u reflect on thoughts and actions!!

Positives and Negitives of Falling Angels

What I love about this book is that it gives a good positive message and helps people under stand what people went through in the Vietnam. What I hate about the book is that they are to descriptive about the violent things in the book....other then that this is a pretty good book.

why i love this book

i love this book because it show how hurtful the veitnam war was to soilders and other people it affected.

Good Book

I love this book and it never gets old. I read it over and over again. But i would not recommend book for kids under the age of 13. They might not understand what the book is saying, and the book does give you graphic details about war.