Kid reviews for Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them

Harry Potter's textbook details 85 funny magical beasts.

No reviews yetAdd your rating

Kid, 12 years old December 19, 2015

Funny

This book is a funny story. Harry owns it, and as you can see, Ron had inked stuff into it. It tells about all the beasts in the wizarding world, and the book itself has been mentioned a few times throughout the Harry Potter series.
Kid, 12 years old February 17, 2013

Good book for Harry Potter Lovers

This is a great book for anybody who loves Harry Potter and wants to find out more about the magical creatures in Harry's world. It has funny little notes from Harry, Ron and Hermione commenting on the creatures which are funny to read. I'd say for ages 7 up as there are no major concerns in the book.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008
A fun, interesting book for fans of Harry Potter.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byhagrids#1fan April 9, 2008

it was sweet

because i am so impatient in waiting for harry potter and the deathly hallows and i re read the series 4 times i needed someting to read and quidditch through the ages bye something whisp aka jk rowling and this book, fantastic beasts and where to find them was a great choice so now im off to read harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban again!!! hagrid rules!
Kid, 8 years old July 21, 2012

Educational is a no, But Awesomeness is a go.

I don't really know if it's "Educational". It wants you to think it is, so never belive it. But that doesn't mean it's not a AWESOME book. It is a really great book. Really. I've read it a TON of times.Trust me :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byXDMorsemordreXD December 29, 2011

Fun Read!

A great books which further details J.K Rowling's marvelous universe!

Kid, 12 years old May 11, 2011

Great For KIDS!

This is a Cute Funny book, Explaining all the Fictional Animal Characters in Harry Potter, And is Great for Kids!

Teen, 14 years old Written bysingingsuperstar2120 April 9, 2008

Hmm... A bit boring

This book is a guide to all of the magical creatures to Harry Potter's world. J.K. Rowling writes this book under the pen name Newt Scamander or something like that. I personally think this book is pointless. It is apparantly a very important book in Harry's world, as it is a required text book for Hogwarts students and a good book to have around the house (for wizarding familys). But, it is very short and does not give enough information. Also, it does not give information that is vital to the series, such as wether or not wizards and part humans can cross breed, as in elves and humans and giants and humans. Additional info that would be good in this book is wether or not Crookshanks is part kneazle, etc. This book basically has information you could find out from reading the series, and it is so useless I find it just a marketing scheme for complete Harry Potter nuts.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written bybibliophile April 9, 2008

MUST-READ

This is a must-read for all Harry Potter fans. It is fun to learn about the different creatures and what odd (and often funny) habits they have. Remarks from Harry, Ron, and Hermione keep you laughing through the book. Highly recommend to all ages.
Teen, 16 years old Written byilhc November 5, 2020

A physical book that appears in J.K. Rowling's universe

I love the fact that we actually get to read a physical book that appears in J.K. Rowling's universe, as if we were students at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. It’s a great idea and I think only add depth to her story. It also shows how early on she was thinking about Fantastic Beats (the movie) and reading this adds a little more to that brilliant film. I only wish it’d been a little longer.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTheGoldenTrio7 February 11, 2020

Fantastic book from a Fantastic Author!

his is a pretty funny book. This version of Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them belongs to Harry Potter when he was at school. I think it's sort of the same as the newer versions, except this one has writing in it by Harry, Ron, and even Hermione! The actual part of the book tells about all magical creatures as seen by the writer, Newt Scamander (J. K. Rowling)! Very good book, great for all Potter fans! Also J. K. Rowling donated her entire royalty to Comic Relief of the UK!

Teen, 16 years old Written byBrigidArmbrust January 17, 2019
Kid, 9 years old March 14, 2018

Boring??? This book is anything but boring!

This book is funny, fast-paced, engaging, and perfect for Harry Potter series fans. You can read the book before, after, or in the middle of reading the actual series, because Fantastic Beasts doesn’t contain any spoilers for books 1-7. This book is good for 2 reasons: 1. J.K. Rowling wrote it for charity and proceeds from the sales of this book will go to good causes, and 2, kids will love the book and want to buy it because it’s related to Harry Potter books and they will want to support good causes. You should definitely read this if you enjoy Harry Potter and it’s appropriate for any age.

Teen, 14 years old Written byAlex.Fierro March 14, 2018

Perfect foe Care of Magical Creatures!

I have the 2017 version, which has more Beasts and seems like more of fresh textbook then the other one that supposedly belonged to Harry Potter. I really liked the book, it was so imagnative. You could use it reference when ever you wanna write a story with magical creatures in it. It also really cool that it has an introduction from ‘Newt Scamander’ and his little foot notes. It is also a side book to the Harry Potter series, and all J.K. Rowling’s side books and ways to earn money for charities, mainly Lumos and Comic Relief. A noble cause!