All teen and kid member reviews for Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock

Teen, 14 years old Written byBetty L. December 20, 2013

Good Book

FORGIVE ME, LEONARD PEACOCK is an inspiring and intense book which I liked a lot. I recommend it for kids fourteen and up. It is a very emotionally graphic story, so it is not for sensitive readers. While it is not the best book ever, it is touching enough so that you will stop and think about. Good read!
Teen, 14 years old Written byGoldfish April 27, 2015

Brilliant for teens who like to think

I read the book at the age of 13, which was probably a touch too young. I wasn't horrifically disturbed by it, BUT my parents are very open about issues such as the ones discussed in this book and I'm a relatively balanced teen. Some of the ideas Leonard has about growing up, for example, are VERY depressing if you don't finish the book (and even if you do), and could be quite distressing for younger children and teens (under 15) who don't have a firm grasp on optimism and/or realism. Despite this, the ideas and opinions that Leonard has are so unique, so enlightening, so thought-provoking that this book is a must-read. It is one of those books that gives you a full, unobstructed, uncensored view of life, the beautiful and the ugly, and leaves you to decide what to do with that information. (One last thing though: I think that the main article really should have had at least a sentence on the main plotline's history under "sex" - it most definitely qualifies for this section but is instead only mentioned briefly under "violence"...)
Teen, 13 years old Written byashleyt1208 November 1, 2015

Spark of Genius

Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock makes you change the way you think. It was an amazing read and it really makes you ask questions about society. I had a few problems with it however, regarding language and specific topics but overall it was a great read and I would recommend it to others.