Kid reviews for Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock

Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock Poster Image

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

I don't read much,

but this is for sure a great book. It really made me think and feel. I even cried at the end! I thought it would pull a Thirteen Reasons Why and glorify suicide, but it surpassed my expectations. I thought it would be really edgy, but it was respectful to the sensitive topics it covered. The protagonist, while nauseatingly pretentious at times, was very intelligent and changed my worldview. He gave me so much motivation to actually get up and DO things and take control of my life. Additionally, with my dark humor, Leonard still made me laugh when I wanted to bawl, (maybe at times I wasn't meant to haha). The realism in this novel is scary, for example, Leonard's family issues strikingly resembled neglect I've seen in my life. I would lie and say that I would give it a second read, but again, I don't read. Regardless, beautiful message, I would recommend you read it twice for my lazy sake.

Amazing Book

This book deals with pretty tough topics and situations. It also swears a lot too. PARENTS: If you think your child is mature and stable enough to handle this book then let them read it. It is probably one of the best books ive read this year.

Spark of Genius

Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock makes you change the way you think. It was an amazing read and it really makes you ask questions about society. I had a few problems with it however, regarding language and specific topics but overall it was a great read and I would recommend it to others.

Brilliant for teens who like to think

I read the book at the age of 13, which was probably a touch too young. I wasn't horrifically disturbed by it, BUT my parents are very open about issues such as the ones discussed in this book and I'm a relatively balanced teen. Some of the ideas Leonard has about growing up, for example, are VERY depressing if you don't finish the book (and even if you do), and could be quite distressing for younger children and teens (under 15) who don't have a firm grasp on optimism and/or realism. Despite this, the ideas and opinions that Leonard has are so unique, so enlightening, so thought-provoking that this book is a must-read. It is one of those books that gives you a full, unobstructed, uncensored view of life, the beautiful and the ugly, and leaves you to decide what to do with that information. (One last thing though: I think that the main article really should have had at least a sentence on the main plotline's history under "sex" - it most definitely qualifies for this section but is instead only mentioned briefly under "violence"...)

Good Book

FORGIVE ME, LEONARD PEACOCK is an inspiring and intense book which I liked a lot. I recommend it for kids fourteen and up. It is a very emotionally graphic story, so it is not for sensitive readers. While it is not the best book ever, it is touching enough so that you will stop and think about. Good read!