Kid reviews for Goliath: Leviathan Trilogy, Book 3

High-flying end to smart, inventive sci-fi series.

No reviews yetAdd your rating

Kid, 12 years old March 13, 2015

Flying end inspiring!

A beautiful end to a stupendous story. As soon as I read the first book I was in love with the characters and now more than ever. As the story takes daring twists and turns I was shocked there was so ucch emotion I cried when they cried laughed when they laughed and now I want more. Scott
Westerfeld if you read this please write another one I must know what happens to them all.Read the trilogy and lose yourself in this fantastic series of the Leviathan.

Educational Value
Kid, 12 years old September 29, 2011

Great "end" to Leviathan Trilogy!

Goliath was a stunning "end" to the Leviathan Trilogy. Like the rest of the Leviathan books, Goliath was set in a sort of alternate WWI, where technology evolved differently. Also, Goliath includes a couple new beasts. When I went to see the author talk about this book, he mentioned that the way technology evolved in this world, many of the manufactured beasts were designed to be similar to things that have been created. Throughout the book, Alek is determined to end WWI (Fun fact, the archduke DID have kids -- three of them! -- though none was named Alek, according to Scott Westerfield.), and in his determination to do so, is shammed by Nikola Tesla, who parents should know dies at the end of the book, which is a warp on history. Deryn is a brave and resourceful female character, who, since girls aren't allowed to serve on the British Airships, disguises herself as a boy. Unfortunately, (and this is a bit of a spoiler) even though Alek finds out that she's a girl, the fact is not revealed to the captain, the British, the soldiers, etc., which is not a great lesson of morals, but it would be impossible, with the plot as it is, to do otherwise. For fans of the series, it is important to note that the author at his book signing said that he was going to be doing another book,but it might be more of a field-guide.

Educational Value