Parent reviews for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: Harry Potter, Book 6

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: Harry Potter, Book 6 Poster Image

Great and interest, more mature

Great but pretty dark, and mentions some kissing

Perfect book for kids, tweens and teens!

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's stone alone sold 105 million copies. That makes it one of the most popular books in the world! You would not regret reading Harry Potter by J.K Rowling, this enchanting book series is a thrilling adventure of fantasy. The plot of this story is long and exciting. In a long span of 7 books, 4,224 pages, and 1,084,170 words, Harry potter has to defeat the dangerous Lord Voldemort. The characters in this story are complex and engaging, each one has many different sides and they are all immensely inspiring. Different books have different themes, and these books teach us, perhaps some of the most important ones. These lessons are influencing and heartwarming. Because Harry Potter is so popular, you can find it just about everywhere. In the library, in the book shop, on a kindle, anywhere. In addition to that, Harry Potter is translated into approximately 88 languages.

The Half Blood Prince

This book is great, with a little violence when a main character dies at the end of the book. There is a lot of sexual reference, a lot of snogging, but the characters are older and this is naturally what is happening during teen years. 1) I think that J. K. is speeding up her detail for just more pages and 2) the sexual content in the book just distracts readers from the main plot. It isn't necessary (except for **SPOILER** Ginny **END OF SPOILER**... read the last book to find out...) but other crushes and mentioning of a girl rapidly going through boyfriends... it makes dating sound like such a game, and usually they break up in a mean way, for example in the fifth book, a couple that is very important in the books is angry with each other. I think that the plot except towards the end part is less dark than the 5th book (The Order of the Phoenix), but Voldemort's past can get a little darker, for example the time in the later chapters when Tom Riddle is mean to **SPOILER** Dumbledore SPOILER**. I don't think that the death at the end of the book is necessary, but J. K. probably had the movies in mind.

Awesome

This book is amazing but it’s a little slow at times but I think it is still one of the best in the series. There is some romance but only kissing so not anything bad and there is some small action but nothing really bad and I really recommend this book.

I love Harry Potter

Harry Potter has some pretty good role models, Harry, Hermione, Ron, and other students protect themselves from evil Death Eaters (Voldemort's minions) and Voldemort himself. It shows kids the values, of teamwork, cooperation, and courage. There is some mild things not for younger audiences or sensitive people though.

Loved it!

This book was great! I loved it! A lot of kissing and drinking but whatever. A lot of loss but that just adds to the series. And it’s all about Voldemort’s past and it also has a great impact!

Really Good Book

This book is really good. You have to read it. DONT READ THE REST (SPOILERS) The Weasley twins expand Weasleys’ Wizarding Weezes. Harry and Ginny start dating (no sex and there 16 and 15 so it’s normal). Hermione loves Ron but Ron’s dating Lavender, and SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE (you won’t understand that until the end of the 7th book.) Then there’s the battle of the asronomy tower. It has mild violence and a killing, but I believe kids should be introduced to the topic of death, instead of thinking life is all sunshine and rainbows. Good book but iffy for 10 or less. Oh and there’s alcohol (butterbeer, firewhisky,wine,etc) but that should not interrupt the enjoyment of the book.

My Second Favourite in the series

I just finished the book (my 11 year old is already in Deathly Hallows). It is a bit dark..with death and Harry is put in difficult situations, etc., There is also a bit of snogging, nothing overtly sexual. I guess this the book where the kids are coming of age. However, a bit of preview for younger kids is not a bad thing all together. Obviously, the whole series should be read in the correct order, else it is not as interesting..So, the dark magic and interrelationships have been built over the series, thus less 'shocking' I guess.

I Love The Harry Potter Series!

I have absolutely no idea why the people who rated this book said there was sex and drinking, because there really isn't. My daughter read this book when she was in fourth grade, and fell in love with it. There is lots of spying, laughing, and new spells to learn. I hope you read it soon, because it is amazing.