Parent reviews for Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: Harry Potter, Book 1

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: Harry Potter, Book 1 Poster Image

An amazing and tempting story

Harry Potter is a child who survived Lord Voldemort, but his parents didn’t so he was sent to live with his rotten and rude cousin. Lived with his cousin until one day a letter came, his uncle, Vernon snatched it away from Harry but soon more letters came. They had to move to a small rocky island. On their first night Hagrid a man who worked at Hogwarts came and thanks to him Harry was able to read the the letter that told him that he was invited to join the wizardry and witchcraft school. He agreed to attend Hogwarts, where he learned how to be a wizard.

Great book for kids and adults alike. Beautifully written :)

This book is great! Compelling and interesting with characters you will love and root for! The only kind of inappropriate thing is when Hagrid kisses mcgonagall on the cheek because he is drunk. Also, Harry is an orphan and his parents were killed by a dark wizard which might be upsetting to young children. However, it really depends on the child. This book is full of wonder, excitement, and magic. The ending is not obvious from the very beginning like some books, which makes it an exciting page-turner. There are also great role models, loving friends, and a theme that love can conquer all evil. Please read this book! Or read it to your kid! You will not regret it! You’re never too young or old to become a potterhead!

Awesome, nothing innapropriate

This book is awesome! I think its even fine for kids 7 and up. It has nothing innapropriate and is extremely interesting.

Timeless classic for kids and adults

I did not read these books as an adult so I read this aloud with my 7yo for the first time and we both very much enjoyed it! There is a lot of vivid imagery and the retelling of the death of Harry's parents is a bit heavy for kids. But it's not graphic.

Both of my littles loved it.

Read it as a family and really enjoyed it.

There is some language

The book uses the word "damn"

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Is The Best!

Hello there, today I am going to talk about why Harry Potter is so great and why you should read it. I mean it is a really good book and you might hear everybody talking about it. Maybe you have never read it because you don't think it is so good but it is. My first reason is if you're a fiction guy or girl you are in luck, because Harry Potter has wizards and witches and they are in training so think about the mistakes they make.There is a zap over here and a zap over there. And, if you're a boy and you like dragons, because did I mention there there a ton of them, and if you like screens you are going to love this because there are movies! My second reason is the setting is a castle. So if you are a girl who likes princesses you might like the sound of a castle. It is also packed with action, with fighting at the end, oh wait I'm spoiling it! Also it is so fascinating because they say if you drink unicorn blood you will live forever, but you would live a hard life, which is weird to me but maybe not for you. Another really good thing about the book is that it is really interesting because I mean how does a wand really work? How is there an invisible wall? Now these are my reasons why you should read Harry Potter. I recommend Harry Potter to anyone who likes fiction and magic. If you like it YOU BETTER GO BUY IT!