Parent reviews for Heidi

Heidi Poster Image

Attention fellow heathens!

Our family just finished part 1 of 2 and we’re enjoying it, but good lord, there’s a lot of stuff about The Good Lord! I came here to read reviews before starting and am surprised nobody mentioned how much God stuff there was. So, there you go.
1 person found this helpful.

Review From a 7 year old

Heidi is a nice story. If your child is an reading beginner, I suggest that you read it to him/her. If your child is an very good reader, l suggest that you let him/her try it and then tell you what they think about Heidi. The book I had has about 285 pages exactly. I got a new one that has 336 pages. I read the book that has 285 pages, but not the one that has 336 pages. So far in coronavirus, I’ve read 605 chapter books for real. My mom has been counting them ever since covid started. I get a prize for every hundred chapter books I read. I suggest that if you have an emerging reader, buy chapter books or book some from a library so he/she can get interested in reading, give he/she a prize for every 40 or 100 chapter books so when your child is ready, let your child read some and if he/she struggles to read, give some help. Heidi is a marvelous book and will probably be delighting children for centuries. The story is about a little girl named Heidi. Heidi moves to her Grandfather’s house on the mountain tops. Heidi brings happiness back to him. Far in the story, Heidi goes to family with a child named Clara. She gets back to the mountains, and Clara comes to visit. Heidi helps Clara to get of her wheelchair. Heidi made Clara be able to walk again. That’s what I have to say about the noble Heidi.

Orphaned Heidi is taken to live with her grandfather, a grumpy gentleman. However, the "bond of love" that grows between them is "distrupted" when Heidi is taken to live in Frankfurt as friend to a physically handicapped girl, Clara.

not rated for age

Heidi Johanna Sypri-must read for anyone 8 years and up!

It took our family into the adventure of Heidi's life. WE took turns reading to eachother and our youngest who is four loved hearing the story as well! Very good book.