Kid reviews for House of Furies, Book 1

Devilish doings drive suspenseful Victorian tale of terror.

No reviews yetAdd your rating

Teen, 16 years old Written byhoneysucklestars September 13, 2018
Okay, first things first, there is a LOT of blood and violence in this book. I mean a LOT, read the spoiler if you wish to know exactly what
SPOILER! A dude killed and ate his daughter because she was seeing men, and he was going to do the same to the main girl. They walk into a house that is just covered in blood and gore. There's probably more but I can't remember SPOILER OVER
There is swearing in this book, but it's not excessive. I believe they use the Da** B****** H*** and maybe more.
Other than this, it was a good book.
But the end was... Expected? I guess? I mean, it's not expected when you're first reading it, but once you get to the part, it's just. An annoyingly common thing to do in books.

Teen, 13 years old Written byNerdy_cellist October 9, 2020

Great book

This is an amazing book if you're into historical fiction, fantasy or books on the occult. It is quite dark and a bit gory. Multiple characters are killed through various means, supernatural and otherwise, including one who is clubbed to death. A woman is found thoroughly dismembered inside a house covered in blood. Language includes the occasional use of sh*t, b*tch and d*mn but nothing else. There is virtually no sex in it, although two characters are attracted to each other. The book is intended to scare, although, for me, this is the one aspect in which it fell short of my expectations. Overall, it is a really gripping read with a great plot and characters. I would recommend this to pretty much anyone.