All parent member reviews for How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Adult Written byLowe's man March 22, 2015

essential reading

This book is a classic, and for good reason. While The Grinch is coldhearted at first, he reforms himself at the end. At that point the Whos forgive him, a reminder of what we should all do when others reform. (Corporations would do well to take that lesson to heart.) Dr. Seuss also shows us that presents are not the most important part of Christmas, and also shows us what is important- being with our loved ones. The only thing that might be a problem with some readers is that, on the page where the Who children are playing with their toys, the toys are "gender 'stereotyped.'" But again that's a reflection of the year this book was written- 1957- when such roles were not questioned and did not cause controversy, as those were sexist times. A must-read.
Parent Written byi love my child19 June 3, 2011

Christmas Meaning ......FOUND!!!

In my opinion the book "How the Grinch stole Christmas"by Dr.Seuss is a classic but not only because its a great book but because its a story with morals and it shows children the actual meaning of Christmas which is not just a holiday for games and toys,its the season of unity and happiness mixxed with LOVE....!