All parent member reviews for I Am a Genius of Unspeakable Evil and I Want to Be Your Class President

Parent Written bySarah Gilbert November 19, 2012

Shame on teachers...if that's you, shame on you!

Ok, so I couldn't answer the above question correctly because they did not give me the choice of not appropriate or under age content. I chose language but honestly let's face it...morals is really what I wanted to pick. My daughter is being made to read this book as part of her grade 8 English class curriculum and I am disgusted that a teacher would choose this book to teach English. Seriously. Need I say more. As and adult I can search to find the humor in this story, however in our day and age of cyber bullying and anti bullying causes do we really need to teach our children with content like this. The author may think this is funny however the situation I find myself in with my 13 year old daughter being subjected to this without choice is unspeakably evil.
Adult Written byparents November 20, 2009

Not worth anyone's time when there are so many great books on the shelves!

Story about an awful child without a moral conscience. Our entire family was listening to this book on tape and after listening to more than 2/3's everyone from the 13 year old to the 9 year, felt compelled to turn it off. Evil is really not attractive.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byAudrey l. August 3, 2016

what???

it's kind of innapropriate
Educator and Parent of a 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14 year old Written byMrs. Larson July 19, 2010
I think boys of this age will find it quite humorous. It reminds me of a non-fantasy Artemis Fowl. The ending was a bit disappointing in how blunt it was. Wish the language wasn't there. There are better out there, but there are also worse if you're trying to engage a reluctant reader.