All parent member reviews for I Capture the Castle

Parent of a 3, 8, 11, and 13 year old Written byKathyJ September 6, 2012

I read this book when I was 13 and I loved it. I found an old copy of it in my mother's childhood bookshelf and I immediately fell in love with it. I still have the original copy that my mother read and I read and I hope to have my daughter read it when she turns 12. It is sweet, sincere and lovely but I don't know what today's teenagers would think of it. It is a first romance kind of a book. Give it a try - you might love it, too.
Adult Written byfayfran June 26, 2014

Never out of print in the UK!

This isn't a 'lost classic' in Britain, it's a pure classic. And her name isn't Cassie (she's never, ever called that in the book - don't dumb down, it's self-defeating as kids who read this will have to get used to her name) it's Cassandra. People here name their daughters after her. It is an amazing book and a rite of passage read for a great many British girls to this day. I don't know that every American family will understand it - but I hope you do in the same was that we here understand To Kill A Mockingbird. Something from a different place and a different time, but that speaks to all of us. Enjoy.