Kid reviews for Incantation

Incantation Poster Image

not rated for age

Based on 1 review

Incantation rocks

Incantation gives a children a better understanding on the way Jews were treated.

READ THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I absolutley loved this book because while I was reading it, I learned a lot about the Jewish conversion in spain. It was also suspensful and romantic. READ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good but needed to be explained.

The book is good for all ages and it has some historical events in it

historical fiction

The role models in this book are very possitive and down to earth people that understand the world around them. They show a strong sence of morality and though there are descriptions of death, it's not bloody or gory really. Also this can be very educational for people who are learning about anti-semitism, it being about Spain in the 1500's(It's not about world war II, though it would also be helpful if you are learning about that.) and all. Also though the messages aren't possitive they aren't exactly negative either.

Great

I loved this book...The romance was beautiful!Sure it was sad...but it shows the cruelty of world war 2.

Wonderful book

A perfect combination of tragedy, romance, betrayal, mystery and history. Though the details in brutality are a bit harsh, it shows us more of what humanity had once been like and how, if we let it, could return to. It describes almost perfectly the beauty of love as well as the ugliness of jealousy and intolerance. And yet, through all her hardships, our heroine still manages to stay positive.

very good for older kids

this book was very good but i wished there was a better ending 2 it

Perfect for 12 and up.

I love it.MY favorite book.

love

this book made me cry and wonder at the same time...I really think that if you haven't read this book you should you will love this book just like me or maybe even more

Great book for teens of all ages

This book was sitting on a shelf in my high school library, and I felt compelled to pick it up. I've never really been one for historical fiction books, but this one sucked me in from the first pages. I ended up finishing it so quickly it was nearly a new record for me! This book makes you cry, and think about the humanity we humans possess, and whether or not we are willing to care about our heritage enough to protect it. Alice Hoffman is an amazing writer, and I find myself intrigued enough by this one book to look for others she might have written.