All teen and kid member reviews for Inkspell: Inkheart Trilogy, Book 2

Teen, 15 years old Written byXfes October 29, 2010

It's brilliant!

I don't think she's copied anyone. It might take some people a while to get into, but a connection can quickly be established with the plot and characters. The language isn't really a problem ad while there is violence, it isn't to excessive levels. Inkheart, the prequel is my favourite book.

Interesting....

KNOW YOUR KID--- please look over the ENTIRE series before giving to a 8-9 yr. old. There are some cold scenes in some of the books. This is definately better than Harry Potter, if you are steadfast on reading the Harry Potter book, than squeeze this series in while you wait. It is something you'll thank me for later ( and the author)
Kid, 12 years old September 9, 2010

Best book of the series

This was loads better than the first. The villians are more villianous, there are more characters and the original chracters get more complex, and there are multiple romances. Yes, it is quite violent, and there are a few swears, but it's nothing that tweens can't handle.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybooky4books March 20, 2010

BESTEST BESTEST BESTEST MY FAVOURITEST BOOK EVER! READ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

REMEMBER, words are only bad if you use them in a bad context. AWESOME!!! Cornelia funke has beautifully written the sequel to inkheart, and boy, it's a good one! Cornelia funke, part of most influentional men and women, has captivated a booklovers delight between the pages of 2 cover, lies ink, paper and a darn good book! HIGHLY RECOMMENED!! even if your less than 9... (BTW cornelia and i HAVE THE SAME B-DAY! DEC. 10! BUT NOT SAME YEAR, OF COARSE...) REMEMBER, words are only bad if you use them in a bad context.
Kid, 12 years old July 3, 2015

Better than the first - in some ways

This book is better than inkheart in some ways. It has more in terms of characters and how they feel. I read it when I was 10 and I liked it. It might be confusing for some because the plot jumps back and forth between 5 characters, but it still keeps you wanting to read. However, as with the first, there are some swear words. There is more violence, and many people die. But if your child has read the last few harry potter books/movies than this is nothing to be worried about.
Kid, 12 years old April 15, 2011

Great for anyone who is 10 or over, 'cause you might not understand it. No offence.

I love this series, but even though I was about 8 when I read it, its probably ment for older kids. The author is just a master with words, and the characters are great, and I love the storyline. If you like Fantasy, books, medievil stuff, and loyalty, you should definitly read this book.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJiles April 9, 2008

This book was awesome!

I loved the first book Inkheart and when the second book came out I was so happy. When I got I read it extremely quick and was extremely satisfied! Everyone needs to read this one!
Teen, 16 years old Written byblinko April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written bynoveleater October 17, 2011

sequel has bad pacing and it loses inkHEART for it...

Inkspell lose the reading magic that made Inkheart a real charmer. Although the pacing is off, crazily boring at parts, but right before your about to give up the story picks up again, only to slow its pace again, to jump into adventure, and so on for the rest of the book. It gets annoying and I have really think it was over long. The ending leaves off at place that the reader sees coming from the beginning. Inkspell continues the story where INkheart left off, talking for 100 plus pages about Maggie living at her aunts house, and then she reads herself and Farid into Inkheart, which you expect to be exciting but that is where the story is boring. The book is heavy and you expect to be hit with awesome emotion from each page form the funny and realistic characters, but will only be disappointed, otherwise the book is exciting and its cool to begin each chapter with a quote form great books, that if you read, foreshadow the next chapter coming after. The violence contains knives and guns, a death taking fire, a death that is heartbreaking even know you see it coming 200 pages before it really happens. People are tortured, and stabbed, and are shot at. There is flirting and kissing and romance. And the da** word is uttered a lot. Inkspell may be overlong, and boring at places but still its a great read, and I totaly agree you should try it if you're a fan of fantasy.
Kid, 11 years old May 21, 2010

Ink Books Rock

I personaly love this book and cant wait to get stuck in2 Inkdeth wich is the next book i am 11 and so r my 2 other friends who r reading the Ink books
Teen, 15 years old Written byDarth Myst April 9, 2008

Awesome read!

I thought this book by Cornelia Funke was amazingly written. I was blown away by the enchanting descriptions and fell in love with the characters immediately. I personally think this series is better than Harry Potter, and if you or your children are worried that Harry Potter was Satanish or demonic, you needn't worry at ALL about Inkspell. The only major magic I recall is reading things and people into or out of books. Language wasn't really an issue to me; the only two dirty words used weren't overwhelmingly offensive, and they tend to appear in most young adult books. There wasn't anything blasphemous or anti-religious, and the only thing that might bother you are the White Women, or ghosts, that frequently haunt people terminally ill or fatally wounded ... it was, in my opinion, harmless. If you are bothered by wounds or blood, etc., you might not enjoy Inkspell. A character gets shot, but survives, a couple of people get run through with a blade, and there is one brief battle in which quite a few folks die. Ms. Funke doesn't go into unnecessary or brutal description, though. Now for some positive points in the book. In one part a character gives their life for another, which was an extremely loving and selfless act (quite emotional, too.) I think that Inkspell is appropriate for anyone over eight years old, though some of the younger children might get slightly bored or confused. I am thirteen and I adored it, so if you like fiction/fantasy novels you will most likely enjoy it also. It's not like epic fantasy or anything, but it delves very deeply into the realms of character and plot. Inkspell's main idea was basically good versus evil, and there is a clear definition between the two. In this book, good is good and evil is evil. It doesn't praise murder, deceit, etc., in any way. There was no adult content, if you take my meaning, whatsoever. Overall it was a wonderful and exciting novel, and it ended far too quickly!
Kid, 11 years old September 8, 2013

good

This is a very detailed book. It is harsh and is not for kids that are lighthearted.
Teen, 13 years old Written byisabella20091 May 16, 2011

for kids 12 and up

It was better than the first.
Kid, 9 years old December 27, 2010

Very good!

While it's not as good as the original Inkheart, Inkspell is still an enchanting read! Recommended!
Kid, 12 years old November 9, 2010

Good....but not as good as Inkheart

This is a very good book. It's a lot darker than Inkheart was, so it's probably good for about 10+.
Kid, 8 years old October 18, 2010

Inkspell

I Like This Book But Whats Up With The Language.No Use.No Use.But Other Than That This Book Brings The Same Magic As Inkheart And Inkdeath.
Kid, 12 years old June 12, 2010

DONT READ

boring, lame, boring, lame. This book tired me out soooo much. Some violence throughout isnt that bad. some kissing 2. the occasional b**ch or d**n. uuuuugh
Kid, 11 years old May 20, 2010
i am curentally reading inkspelland its a good book but the launguage can be coarse and the action is intense also meggie is a strong curious girl
Teen, 15 years old Written byavidcritic February 5, 2009

VERY dragged out, but good once you get into it

my friend begged me to read inkheart, and after the first fifty pages or so i started getting into it. the same with inkspell. they're both the type of book you have to read in one sitting, otherwise you're tempted not to pick them up again once you've put them down. you have to let your mind sort of sink into the writing, until then you'll find yourself reading the same paragraph over and over because it isn't catching your interest. but it's a great story. the audiobook, once you get over the self-important voice of the narrator, is also really good.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDarthMyst April 9, 2008