Parent reviews for Into the Wild

Into the Wild Poster Image

Reflective

It’s a story about someone who feels the weight of the world and is looking for a way to make sense of it. A young man searching for meaning and himself by discovering the world and people around him. Disconnecting to connect. Before he leaves home he donates $25000 to Oxfam and the burns $120 in a symbolic gesture. Great story with a lot if deep meaning about what is important in life.

Horrible, waste of time.

One of the worse books I have ever been forced to read. The story of an ungrateful, entitled spoiled white kid who abandons everything (including giving away and burning money), in an vain attempt to get back at his parents for human errors and failings. Just hated it from start to finish as well as the authors obvious bias en favor of this nonsense that this man put his family through. There as sooooo many other stories of people that never get told, but this spoiled white boy gets a book. Disgraceful

the most annoying "protagonist" ever

Ok, so i read this years ago and loved it. Just reread it because i have to read it with my juniors (yay springboard...not!) Sooo different this time around. chris mccandless bugged me so much. Seriously, why the angst and white people problems? I am anxious to see how my students take it. I mean some of them are homeless so the idea of connecting with a kid who gave away his college money, abandoned his family and went to alaska in February is absurd. Happiness isnt that complicated. Totally inappropriate for readers who do not understand the quest for self realization.

Not a kid's book!!!

I read this book and so did my son. It was great!!!! Drug content and Language with some violence. Little sexual content.

Wonderful book as well as a WONDERFUL movie

I really liked the book. Jon Krakauer is an excellent author who did lots of research to do this book. I liked the book and allowed for my daughter to read it as well. I felt that people who like the book should watch the movie and that even if you didn't read the book that you should watch the movie.