All parent member reviews for Into the Wild

Parent of a 17 year old Written byluiyiluiyi29 October 25, 2009
Parent of a 11 year old Written bymikeisawesome123 February 6, 2011

Not a kid's book!!!

I read this book and so did my son. It was great!!!! Drug content and Language with some violence. Little sexual content.
Educator and Parent of a 11 year old Written byhollandh October 31, 2014

the most annoying "protagonist" ever

Ok, so i read this years ago and loved it. Just reread it because i have to read it with my juniors (yay springboard...not!) Sooo different this time around. chris mccandless bugged me so much. Seriously, why the angst and white people problems? I am anxious to see how my students take it. I mean some of them are homeless so the idea of connecting with a kid who gave away his college money, abandoned his family and went to alaska in February is absurd. Happiness isnt that complicated. Totally inappropriate for readers who do not understand the quest for self realization.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byFrizzeite May 31, 2010

Wonderful book as well as a WONDERFUL movie

I really liked the book. Jon Krakauer is an excellent author who did lots of research to do this book. I liked the book and allowed for my daughter to read it as well. I felt that people who like the book should watch the movie and that even if you didn't read the book that you should watch the movie.