All teen and kid member reviews for Into the Wild

Teen, 14 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

I hated this

This book was not okay for my age. It had a lot of bad language and I would not recomend it for anyone under sixteen.
Teen, 14 years old Written byESmiley May 31, 2009

Sometimes, the message overpowers the intense subject matter

Personally, I think the rating 15+ is a little but of an overreaction, the book while at times is mature, really conveys a powerful journey. It shows the hardships and downfalls that occurred during this journey as well as the happiness and joy that he earned as well. I think this book shouldn't be judged as to whom may read it solely based on age. I think it depends completely on maturity.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNatalia_Whitson May 2, 2016

A Jon krakauer book

Parents should know that this book is a book full of many things younger kids shouldn't be reading. This book has manny things in it like violence, swearing, drinking, and other things younger children shouldn't read. The right age of someone to read this book is around 16. Younger kids might say it dosent matter of all the bad stuff in this book but it can influence them into doing something. Even though there is bad things ther is also a good thing in it like great messages. So just because there's bad things doesn't mean there can't be good things.
Teen, 15 years old Written byjenna69 July 3, 2016

Realistic

It shows that yes you can actually follow your hearts desires and death isnt the worse thing to happen to a person