Kid reviews for Into the Wild

Into the Wild Poster Image

Similar to Hatchet, but this story actually happened.

Sex: a few mentions of sexual preferences and if someone has ever "done anything with girls" It is also revealed that someone is having an affair. Violence: The main character does a lot of hunting near the end. It explains how he prepares and cooks animals, and how poison ends up killing him Language: pretty frequent. some f*cks, sh*ts, etc I read this when I was 11 or 12 and it was fine, but you decide what's best for you.

Best Book Ever

This book is wonderful, it has so many things a person would want to know about traveling, it shows us that anything is possible, he lived his life to the fullest, and loved what he did. He made his dream come true!

Terribleness

This book is something that nobody should waste their time on. The book has no main story plot and is all over the place, it goes from a story about one person who dies, to multiple people who die similar deaths, to the author bringing in his own personal experiences. I’m disappointed that some people would actually like and buy a book like this. This book did not need to exist the author should have just stuck to magazine articles instead of writing books. There were just too many big words making it seem like a try hard book and when reading I noticed that the writer made a big habit of including himself. That made the book seem like it was about him and not who he was writing about.

An okay book

This is a book that I had to read for summer reading. It had some mature themes in it and shouldn't be read by someone who is under 13. Aside that, it was a good book with a good message. However, Chris McCandless, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't connect with him. Chris didn't not have happiness, he was just fed up over his white people problems. I mean seriously? Just because you find out a secret about your family doesn't mean you run out into the wild, burn everything you have, change your name, and lose contact with everyone. He constantly contradicted himself and was the largest hypocrite of his time.

Into the wild

Realistic

It shows that yes you can actually follow your hearts desires and death isnt the worse thing to happen to a person

A Jon krakauer book

Parents should know that this book is a book full of many things younger kids shouldn't be reading. This book has manny things in it like violence, swearing, drinking, and other things younger children shouldn't read. The right age of someone to read this book is around 16. Younger kids might say it dosent matter of all the bad stuff in this book but it can influence them into doing something. Even though there is bad things ther is also a good thing in it like great messages. So just because there's bad things doesn't mean there can't be good things.

Sometimes, the message overpowers the intense subject matter

Personally, I think the rating 15+ is a little but of an overreaction, the book while at times is mature, really conveys a powerful journey. It shows the hardships and downfalls that occurred during this journey as well as the happiness and joy that he earned as well. I think this book shouldn't be judged as to whom may read it solely based on age. I think it depends completely on maturity.
not rated for age

I hated this

This book was not okay for my age. It had a lot of bad language and I would not recomend it for anyone under sixteen.