Kid reviews for James and the Giant Peach

James and the Giant Peach Poster Image

my thoughts...

This lonely boy's magical adventure is still satisfying.

1 person found this helpful.

ok but not as good as matilda

ok la

A good book, though a little sad

It was a really good book with a few sad moments, as well as triumphant ones. I really depends on how your child copes with this. It isn't a very funny book, but it will keep you interested from the start

Gets dumb, dumb and dumber

DUMB BOOK. CURSING AND BAD INFLUENCES FOR CHILDREN.

Ummmmm.....This book is for older kids

I understand the book a lot its one of Roald Dah imaginary stories and it has a very good plot. Why is it for Older kids? I say its for older kids because first of all in the beginning both of his parents die because a rhinoceros was let out of the zoo and ate them up and then he was sent to his aunties house. They refer to Aunt Sponge as Fat and Plumpy . Also its states in the book, "They were selfish and lazy and cruel, and right from the beginning they started beating poor James for almost no reason at all." Also it states, "They never called him by his real name, but always referred to him as you "you disgusting beast" or "you filthy nuisance" or "you miserable creature".....". Also centipede and earthworm also go back and forth (in fighting)and the centipede said he's proud to be a pest also centipede also called James an ass(which is by fact a light curse word)2 times. Other than that I think this is a very good novel.

Good and funny but a few iffy things

Good and funny in all but there is a racey joke where one character says “I rather be eaten and fried by a Mexican” also a** is said three times although James is very respectful and does whatever he’s told and is very bright

Creative

I love this book

I didn’t know that it would be so fun. The spider is my favorite character I like that she is French. I think kids that like bugs would really like the book a lot. I read the Book and Then I watched the movie.

Classic

I think this is a great classic and it is super interesting. I would suggest reading Roald Dahl's other books as well. It does have a few swear words in it however, which is too many if you ask me. But that just shows how old Britians (such as Roald Dahl) talk. It really talks about true friends.