Kid reviews for Journey to the Centre of the Earth

Journey to the Centre of the Earth Poster Image

Interesting

It is suitable for people who likes science. The book's description is amazing, it's just when you read you should grab a dictionary with you :)

Very good and gripping

I enjoyed this book though I think it could've been longer. I had little trouble with the language though some words (1 or 2 across the whole book) I didn't know, but they were easy to infer from surrounding text 10/10 would reccomend :)

Good book

Book Review: A Journey to the Center of the Earth Let’s say you found a map that would send you to the center of the Earth. You know it’s a dangerous journey, but would you try? A Journey to the Center of the Earth was a book written by Jules Verne in 1864. A trio of travelers: an uncle, a nephew, and an eider duck hunter are going through a passageway down to the “Center of the Earth”. They encounter many troubles but always follow through together. Whether giants or dinosaurs, it’s always exiting. In my opinion, it would be hard for children under the age of twelve to understand, but it’s a good story all around. It has a futuristic setting even though it’s an older book which makes for good reading. My favorite character is the duck hunter Hans, who is never afraid and always perseveres. I would give it 3 stars out of 5 stars. I’d recommend it to patient people who can follow a story, and a good one at that!

one of the most interesting book ...

one of the most interesting book I've ever read by now. Like I'm not so fast at reading but this book I'm shocked myself.Like I finished this book in 2hrs or even less than that . God, like I think that everyone should read this book..Ya but thats also bcauz the movie which i saw(2008 version) only had abt almost 30% only the content as compared to the book...........

Journey to the center of the earth

I read this book and it was really captivating! The plot is brilliant and the characters are so real. This book is positive but has a bit of mild cursing and blood. It was the launching pad that inspired me to try science fiction.

Great book!

a very great book, some harder words but any smart kid can use context to figure a a little, a bit slow at the start but gets more intresting

An old classic will torture you with unknown words!

Okay, first of all this book makes no sense. Since it was made in the 1800s it has a lot of confusing words that are mostly unknown to people in our time. The storyline is really boring. A large chunk of the book is about trying to figure out what a cryptic code means, which is just a message saying to go to the center of the Earth. Again it is a really confusing book so it might not be good for kids under 12. 12 year olds have a little more patience.

not rated for age

its good

it is a great adventure it loks interesting for the yougsters
not rated for age

A good Classic

A solid read, but may be a bit slow for younger readers. Sex: None (no issue) Violence: Dinosaurs fight in distance of the threesome. A hurricane is tense. The characters almost die of thirst (no issue). Social Behavior: Professor Lidenbrock seems to have no regard for his safety or for that of his companions (safety as in not turning back when they ran out of water) and is portrayed as a little insane(not issue) Alcohol/Drugs: The adventurers take gin with them as their only liquid, expecting to find an underwater stream, Professor Lidenbrock smokes a pipe. (pause) Educational Value: They travel to a place that does not exist, and the book was written with scientific self-assuredly. No-one can survive being inside an active volcano. Also, Verne made many mistakes geographically and geologically when pointing out facts, for example, he mistook the island farthest to the West from Iceland as the one farthest to the East (these are pointed out in the version I got, but maybe not in yours) (PAUSE) Overall: Mature 11-12+ normal 13+ immature or impatient 14-15+. However these ages are just because younger readers would get bored, or not understand it.