Parent reviews for l8r, g8r: The Internet Girls, Book 3

Fun friendship series concludes with more mature content.

Adult Written byjulieeeeeeee October 1, 2018

its good

your kids are gonna know curse words anyway and this is getting them ready for the future

Adult Written byyoure l. October 3, 2017

Very good story

I like the story, and just the original formatting of the text. The creativity, and relatableness of the girls

Parent Written byAria_Giovanni September 5, 2015

NOT FOR CHILDREN

Nobody should let their children read this book. While it may have good messages, and an inspiring plot, all of the mentions of sex, drugs, and alcohol is not suitable for any person that's below 17. I say 17 because it's the legal age of consent in America. It's not exactly that I think that teens wouldn't be able to handle this book, it's that teens these days have proven to me that they aren't responsible enough to be trusted to not do any of the things in this book. Between all of the obviously inappropriate content, there is a good story about friendship, true enough, but this is not something that any child, especially middle school aged kids and younger should be reading about. As if they weren't growing up too fast already. By the time your child reaches high school age, they're most likely gonna do these things weather you know about it or not, but by that time you'll know whether or not you can trust them to make decisions for themselves. This book has a good structure, but kids shouldn't read it.

Adult Written byMom of four1234 May 23, 2013

This book needs a warning label. Not for preteens or young teens.

I was horrified that my twelve year old came home with this dreadful book from the school library. She hadn't realized the maturity of the content; the cover design with its happy faces seemed aimed at preteens. Very poor quality of writing; very inappropriate material for preteens and young teens.

Adult Written bychelebee March 15, 2013

TRASH !

Don't bother this is just trash!
This was in my 11 year old daughters hands one day after school.
She got it from her school library! Needless to say I am in the prosses of getting it taken out of the middle school library. Freedom of speech is ok with me but when your 11 year old comes home from school and asks you what a "b*** job" is while holding a book she checked out from her school library freedom of speach turns into "I don't think so"
If your going to let your child read this trash I hope they are older then 11.
oh and Oooppps !!! I lost the book so it won't be back on the shelf at her school unless they reorder it. By that time I will have the review board permanently remove it from the middle school.

Adult Written byFilmManiac May 12, 2012

Great coming of age story, most mature but best in series.

Adult Written by#1 nugget August 24, 2011

Honest Abe

This book does contain sex, drugs, and drinking. I read this book when i was a teen myself. I thought, well since their doing all of that, than why shouldn't I do it too? I told my friends about this book and they thought i was being stupid. They said, what if u become pregnant, or get caught doing drugs or drinking? I went to my mom next. She said she always wanted to do those things in high school. But she learned her lesson when she saw a student come in pregnant. To this day i don't regret my decision. Parents ask your teens or talk to them about this stuff. Don't be a stranger, be a parent.

Adult Written byYuureiko July 27, 2010

Oh, Parents...

It's purely entertainment, not a guidebook for damning yourself. Sheez, anyone mature enough to read this series should know that. Stop acting like your child is committing thoughtcrime by reading this and maybe being influenced a bit by some of the ideas. We're influenced by everything we see.

Parent of a 13-year-old Written byLilMoNi December 28, 2009

Ya funny

This was interesting

Parent of a 16-year-old Written byet67 October 17, 2009

Adult Written bylibrary_queen April 9, 2008
This book relies on 'shock value' to get and maintain the reader's attention. This is one of those cases where I would rather have my child read nothing rather than read this book.
Adult Written bymoviemadness April 9, 2008

So-So

This book is terrible. The amount of sex, language, and drugs is unnecessary to the plot, but still there. The social behavior is VERY questionable. The book is not well written. As the above reviewer said, I’d rather my child not read anything at all than this.
Adult Written bythinkpink2 April 9, 2008

Horrible!

Don't let your kids reads this one!
Adult Written byscandell April 9, 2008

Not appropriate for TWEENS!

Sex, drugs, lying, risky behavior for High School Seniors. So this is an R or X-rated book. NOT appropriate for kids under 17, even though it LOOKS nice for younger kids. Take it off your list!