Kid reviews for L.A. Candy

Not as bad as you might expect from a reality TV star.

Kid, 12 years old August 16, 2013

LA Candy

Its really good. I say maturity is a factor in this 12 or 11 like me will work if they know it is not for an inspiration and is for entertainment. It is entertaining and well written. A little sex ref and all. Language like b**** and all. They go shopping. They drink A LOT keep in mind 14+ is good. MAKE SURE YOUR KID IS SMART!!!!

Kid, 12 years old May 10, 2013

Funny, And interguing, Language is a big problem however.

I read this book at 12, I Loved the plot I laughed and I HAD to read the other books, The only thing I'm really not into in this book (one of my favourites) is that they did use the F word quite a bit, I don't swear nor do I like swearing. But once you've hit 6th or 7th grade (middle school) You hear it everyday. I own this book and love it, One of my favourites, I love lauren Conrad novels. Other then the swearing on every page this was a great book! I've read all 3 titles in this series when I was 12, I love it. Oh and there is under-age drinking and reffrances to Jessie's somking habits. Consumirism isn't a problem for me, but they did mention things like MUI MUI shoes, Michel Kors, Blackberry ect,. Great book overall . The main character is my favourite, I love seeing the world through her complex and soft-spoken veiw point.

Teen, 13 years old Written bydressagehorse July 26, 2012

This book is brilliant! And so is the rest of the series!

Because it spins your view of celebrities and tabloids on its head! I mean, I had no idea how horrible it was to be famous until I read this! It really goes to show...all that glam is often hiding something real, and sometimes something in not such a good place. And of course the horror of being chased by cameras, and the pressure...well, I guess I never thought about that before. It gives you a whole new view when you see tabloids in the grocery store checkout line. Now my stomach twists when I see those photos so obviously taken without the knowledge of the subject...and you just have to think about how that person could be ruined by it. I was never interested in becoming a Hollywood star, but I'm still glad I learned what it is really like. A must-read for everyone with big movie star or TV show dreams.
On to what I'm really supposed to be reviewing...well, I said pause for 14 & under, really meaning absolutely not for kids and tweens. Mature, smart 13 and 14 year olds could handle it. And fine for 15 & up. This is mostly because you have to really be able to read and analyze the book to get the most out of it. It would be easy to read it not so deeply, but that is a bit of a waste in my opinion. Also, there is "sexy stuff", there is language, there is consumerism, and there is a lot of scary drinking.
But the story is captivating, and there is a lot to learn from it.

Educational Value
Teen, 15 years old Written byBxAmazing123 March 3, 2011
I'm liking this book so far. It's not the BEST BOOK IN THE WORLD..but it pretty good.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykaylaloveparamore January 11, 2011
Teen, 13 years old Written byezmx23 April 21, 2010

good

this book was very good not the best i have read!

Teen, 13 years old Written byhulagal April 17, 2010

Entertaining

This is a very fun and entertaining book to read. It does have underage drinking, sex, and a little drugs, but it teaches you about what really happpens in a celeb's life. As a person above already said "If you think this book is inapropriate, than you aren't emotionaly and ready for it."

Teen, 15 years old Written bykatie12345 January 7, 2010

Great for Teen :)

I loved the book, its very well written. Showing how the media can cause problems. The negative things people have written about the book are false. If you think the book is inappropriate than your too young!

Teen, 14 years old Written bycathdee December 15, 2009

this is fun, not the bible!

Ok, so this book isn't perfect. There is some sex, language, and maybe the role models aren't the best. People over the age of 13 or 14 have begun to decide for themselves what they are going- they aren't going to sleep with men all the time just because Scarlett thinks its ok. I personally enjoyed the book, and I have not turned into a "bad seed". So really, all the fuss over something just to read for fun? It is enjoyable, quick and sweet.

Teen, 15 years old Written bysilly_samsters November 8, 2009

Great Book!

I love this book! I do love Lauren Conrad! This book has a lot to do with her past few years on the Hills and Laguna Beach! So cannot wait until the other one comes out!