Kid reviews for Lily's Crossing

Lily's Crossing Poster Image

Lily's Crossing Book review

Lily's crossing tells younger readers, such as myself, more about how kids closer to our age lived during world war II. We always hear about the people who fought for the country, the people who left everything to help, but what about the people that they left. This book shows you just that, these kids couldn't do anything to help, but their relatives could, and they lost those people.In the story three kids face challenges due to the war ,Lily, Albert, and Margaret, they all have very different stories, but they all show the same issue. These kids were left helpless, hopeless, they never knew if their family was going to come back, they never knew if their own lives were in jeopardy. They just never knew. This book shows the other side ,not the heros, not the enemies, but the kids who struggled and didn’t know how to handle what was happening. These kids families were all over the world, but were not allowed to know where. Imagine that, your father, brother, uncle, grandfather they were somewhere and that was all you knew (maybe you didn't even know that)that was what these young children were dealing with. I highly recommend this book for all ages it shows the blind side of world war II that is not shown as much as it should.

Just a review

I'm 12 and chose this because it was short but I myself read books 18 year olds would read.

A Really Good Book

Some say this book makes kids think that lying and sneaking around is ok, but it really doesn't. Lily gets and trouble for sneaking around and a life is almost lost for her lying- the author portrays that that stuff is bad! This book is wonderful and has great historical fiction- read it!

Lily's Crossing

Great Book

OK

Lily's Crossing is good in terms of story, but it doesn't make clear exactly what and when everything happened.

I had fun

I loved this book so much that I cried humorously

this was awseome

it kind of confused me couse i was also reading willows run but over all it was awesome i would also recemengd pictures of hollis woods i also that that book was wonderful
not rated for age
This was a great book. I was required to read it for school. I liked the story and the message. Another similar book that i would definitly reccomend to people is Number The Stars by Lois Lowry.