Kid reviews for Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy

Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy Poster Image

Scary and disturbing

The end is so so so sad and disturbing and disgusting. Parents should definitely read it first. It was horrible.

Amazing!

This is such an amazing book! So sad, though! However, I think to really understand the deeper meanings of this book, children should be a little older.

my opininon

i think this book is magnificant to me i would recomend this to anyone who wants to read a fantastic book.

good but not good

i do not really understand the book but over all it is a very good book

i think that this book is very good and interesting and it makes you think over and over is this really how they treated the Malaga Islanders back then or did this really happen? It's a good book and it draws marvelous conclusions and events. But it's somewhat confusing so you need to read the book like 2 times to really understand it. Also, it's very good with putting you inside the character like if i was Turner i would tore Wiliis and his little behind up. It also has challenging vocabulary but it's good to learn the things in it and it is an extremely amazing book. Cudo's to Gary Schmidt!!!!!!!!

This book is based on the fate of Malaga Island in Phippsburg, Maine in the early 20th century. It is a deep and intriguing story of racism and friendship. This book broadened my history and view of my community and awareness of how much we have gown in the past hundred years yet the work we still have to do. Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy challenges the reader to look upon their own views and conceptions of racism.

good book for tweens that l recommend you read

This is a great book for tweens like me. It is a very educational read that will teach kids about a community hardly ever heard of in history.

I liked the book and read it in a week. The message about racisim is powerful but there is a lot of fights.

not rated for age