Kid reviews for Love & Olives

Teen reconnects with dad in sweet but long coming-of-ager.

No reviews yetAdd your rating

Teen, 14 years old Written byLolalili150 January 11, 2021

SO GOOD!

I really enjoyed this book! Its appropriate and doesn’t have any actual swear words (although it does say WTF once). I laughed and cried and learned so much about Atlantis. It was very interesting and by the end I was so proud of Olive. She learned to be herself and be brave. Overall a great book! As usual I wish there was more romance but I still loved it!

Educational Value
Teen, 15 years old Written byDielliTheSun January 5, 2022

Best out of Three

Before reading this, I read Love and Gelato, Welch's first "Love and-" book. This one surpasses it in all positive categories!! I was surprised by the gay couple- though they were rarely present, you might want to talk to your kids about it before reading. Besides that minor detail, The Love and Olives was as perfect as the blue waters in Oia! <3 I would recommend this to anyone and everyone. It is my new favorite YA coming-of-age/romance!

Teen, 14 years old Written bydaisyrose1 August 23, 2021
I fell in love with this book, it was a nice summer read with a mix of romance and a broken father daughter relationship. The book is filled with a emotion and adventure. I highly recommend it. Parents: The romance doesn't get to heated just a lot of kissing.

Teen, 15 years old Written by_marvel_fan_ July 22, 2021

Great romance for teens!

There is minimal violence, language, and sexy stuff in this book.

Violence: Two kids get in trouble and they’re chased. Someone has a panic attack while scuba diving. A girl finds out that her dad has a medical condition that might end his life sooner than later (not “violent” but maybe scary for some kids)

Sexy Stuff: Characters flirt, think about each other, hold hands, blush, etc. A few kisses at the end.

Language: One “WTF” and everything else is “stupid”, “shut up”, etc.

Drinking/Drugs: Mentions of drinking and smoking. Pretty minimal.

Good role models/messages: There aren’t really any “good role models” in this book. The characters are good people but don’t really stand out in any way. There are messages about forgiveness and dealing with trauma, as well as valuing your family.

This really is a cute book that’s a perfect romance for younger teens. (I also highly recommend her other book “love and gelato”) It is an appropriate romance with a interesting and fun side plot. Overall just an amazing book that I really enjoyed reading.

Hope this review helps :)

Teen, 14 years old Written byIlovebooks334 April 23, 2021

I loved this book

There isn't anything bad I can say about this book but it deserves much praise. I read this about a year ago and loved it Greece is my overall favorite place, subject, ect.. so I really enjoyed this.

Educational Value