All parent member reviews for Magic Tree House Series

Parent of an infant, 2, 3, 5, 6, and 11 year old Written byResponsibleParentOf9 December 31, 2012

GREAT for kids!

Teaches kids about many subjects in a fun way! 2% violent, 5% scary but NO ONE ever gets hurt. Still great for kids!
Parent Written bygeroldb May 2, 2015

Just plane awful

Both me and my grandson where bored out of our wits while reading this series. The biggest problem with the series (apart from the feeling it was written BY a six year old and not FOR six years old) is the story. It’s shallow to say the least, the characters are dull and the dialogs are flat. It’s like a screenplay for those cash grab LEGO cartoons created with a sole purpose to sell toys. Avoid these books especially if you have a smart child.
Parent of a 7 and 8 year old Written byMMEMama June 10, 2013

Fun Learning

My three girls and I have been reading this series since they were three years old. I can still remember picking up book one, Dinosaurs at Daybreak, telling the girls we would read one chapter and being so enthralled we had to read one more and when getting to the end of the next chapter they would say, "we can't stop there, we have to know what happens." Forty-five minutes later we had read the whole book and were completely hooked! They are now eight years old and we are on book 39 and read every morning before school to get there heads read to learn. The books are fun, informative, creative, imaginative and engaging. We have been to few places that we first read about in the research guides, like the Tar Pits in L.A. It helps bring the story to life and impresses upon their minds the facts that they have read about.
Educator and Parent of a 4 and 7 year old Written byLusKatMom July 9, 2016

Engaging stories fantastically written with kind characters

My 4 & 7 year old have devoured all the books in this series, listening to each multiple times. Mary Pope Osbourn does a fantastic job of introducing and explaining objects and places around the world and throughout history. The main characters, brother and sister-Jack and Annie, are kind to each other, cooperate and both children's ideas are represented as important. We've been listening to these stories on car rides since my youngest was 3, she was engaged and understood the stories pretty well. I think these are stories that can be listened to throughout child hood and understand the stories on different levels. We will pick them up again in the future. I haven't found another book or series I like as well for my family!