Kid reviews for March: Book One

March: Book One Poster Image

This book was amazing. It was a little slow, but very interesting. It is important, however, to consider when to read this book. Sure, if you fit the age rating, and you are fine with the violence and scariness, you can read this book anytime. But it was a really important thing for me to read this book during the protests for George Floyd because I learned a lot of things that I didn’t know. This affected how I looked on this whole situation. So, I’d say that anyone 10+ (or maybe even younger) can read this book, but I suggest considering when to read it.

Boring

It wasn't scary... I'd say it's apprropriate for a 6 year old minus the bad words... just really boring and hard to follow... if I were u I wouldn't waste my time on it

Edgy book has tons of strong violence and strong language, but still great!

This book I was really interested in when I got it at my bookstore, but when I read it, it was EXTREMELY edgy. Strong violence (including the protest violence, along with showing how a family killed chickens), strong language (hell, bitch, the "N" word (which is used frequently)), make this book a scary one. But the messages that it gives, the education, and the role models make this book a hit! But this book scared me a bit, so I give it 4 out of 5 stars.