Kid reviews for Meet Julie: An American Girl

Plucky '70s American Girl fights for her rights.

Kid, 12 years old March 19, 2016

Julie!!

I love Julie, American Girl's Beforever character, a NINE-YEAR-OLD girl growing up in 1974. I love that she lives in San Francisco, cause I have been there many times myself and so I totally see it through her eyes! I have read this book many times since I was seven years old, and it's perfect. A great, fun educational book for girls all about a girl their age growing up in the 1970s.
Although I, too disagree with that 13-year-old viewer. I am practically an AG expert, and Julie IS nine years old, NOT fourteen. And her dad didn't desert her family, her parents just recently divorced.
But that's it. This is just another great American Girl book--read the rest!!

Teen, 15 years old Written byOlivia Swan December 9, 2015

Great Book!!

I think this book is great for anyone (even adults) who like books with happy endings. My sister had to read it and she loved it. It is very relatable and even I read it!

Kid, 12 years old November 12, 2013

Good book

This is a very good book! I disagree with one of the reviewers, though: All of the American Girls in any of the books are 9 or 10. Julie is not fourteen. Since AG products are directed towards 8 & up, their book characters or usually 9 or 10. otherwise, great book.

Kid, 9 years old December 19, 2010

Julie ROCKS!

I think it was a like a really good book but did Julie have any other friends besides Ivy and TJ?I don't think Tracy really helped at all! But Julies mom and dad helped a lot! I loved it!

Kid, 9 years old September 9, 2010

I like it.

I liked the book a lot. It has positive messages, great role models, and teaches girls about growing up in the 70's. Although in some parts, Julie could care a little bit more about Ivy.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAmericangirlforever September 2, 2010

Great Read!

This book is so accurate to the 1970s! its groovy! Defiantly worth reading. its a quick, easy read and it has some pretty great moments to! 5 out of 5

couldn't relate to it

I have to admit that this was a very good book and i did like it, but Julie's reaction to certain sitiations were hard to relate to. for example, when her parents got divorced, she was more concerned about losing her best friend then her parents.