Kid reviews for Midnight Sun

Midnight Sun Poster Image

Better Understanding Through a Different Point of View

After finishing Twilight in only a couple days, I decided to read Midnight Sun. I was really eager to see the story again from a completely different point of view. This being said, it is the EXACT same story of Twilight just looking from Edward's eyes. I really enjoyed this book overall as I feel it gives deeper meaning to certain scenes and a stronger connection to Edward. He becomes more loveable in Midnight Sun because you get to hear his inner thoughts. It made him more relatable and realistic than simply a "hot brooding love interest". The one minor annoyance with the book was its repetitive nature as Edward is constantly caught between leaving Bella or staying with Bella for the sake of love. I believe that reading this book has only helped the development of the saga as a whole because now you can understand Edward's take on situations.

I got about 1/2 way and was bored.

Just boring. I had high expectations for this book since I loved Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn but this was dreadful. It was 700 pages of Edward saying ‘I’m a vampire so I can’t kiss Bella.’ Every single page he says it! SPARE YOURSELF AND DO NOT READ IT.

it's alright. shows a new perspective on the original novel

Some interesting new points of view, adding a little dramatic irony when you can know what people are thinking but Bella doesn't. it's fun to be able to hear everyone elses' thoughts as well as Edward's. There are some weird and unnecessary moments though. Why did she have to add in the bits about Edward flirting with the middle aged Ms Cope to get his way. Also, why would he think about putting Bella in a mental asylum just for not feeling how he thinks she should feel? (reminds me of the late 1800s). Some parts are slow and you shouldn't read before you've read the original books. No bad language and no really explicit and erotic language.

I was so excited to read this book, and wasn't disappointed. Edward's perspective uses words and tone that reflect the time period he is from. Twilight from Bella's perspective is a much more hopeful and happy story, as she has no idea how Edward plans to change her future. Edward's sadness, despair, and self hatred broke my heart over and over again. Edward's greatest conflict is with himself, and the way he wants Bella to see him. I already loved the previous books, and this new addition just made me love them more. With this novel, it is much easier to imagine Edward's take on the events that happen after this book.

it was okay

Midnight Sun was a great addition to the series and I liked it. It was just a very slow read. the language is very very mild (jack*ss twice and dammit twice). it has a very similar plot line as the first twilight books so it’s the same rating. i loved Edwards POV and knowing what he was thinking. Definitely read the series before reading this though!

Great new addon to the series!

I have read all of the twilight books (including the short second life of bree tanner, one of the other additions to the series) I have yet to watch the movies, but I understand that. This book is amazing! I don't really enjoy the begginging, because it's boring. The dRaMa starts happening about in Port Angeles when Bella is being followed (not a spoiler, but if I had said more it would be) Language- I think Emmett says jack*ss and *ss once or twice, as well as Rosalie. They also say damn, but nothing else. Sex- Some of the girls at school have fantasies where they are in love with Edward, but there is nothing graphic. And, Edward and Bella share some kisses, but it's a romance novel, what are you expecting? Violence- There are a few mentions of Edward killing people in his past, and Carlisle doing the same. Bella is hit by a truck (does not die) and gets a mild concussion (the person who accidentaly hit her has worse injuries; a hit to the head and some blood) There is one scene at the end where a rival vampire intends to torture Bella to death, and almost does so. There is some graphic parts where she gets her leg snapped, thrown against the walls, bitten on the wrist (implying that she will become a vampire, but it's up to you to find out if she does or does not) and she has glass stuck in her, sever head wounds, and more. They also imply that some of the vampires are having a hard time controling themselves around all of Bella's blood. Drinking/drugs- I think that Bella's dad, Charlie may share a drink with his friend, or have a drink on his own, but he does not get drunk, because it's only a toast. Consumerism- They mention the car brands people use. (Porsche, Volvo, etc...) I highly reccomend this book to twilight fans, and those who have read it i'm sure you can also reccomend this! Please, read the original Twillight series first. You would be very confused if you hadn't read that first! Thanks for reading my review, hope it helped :)

Amazing!

I loved this book. It was so awesome to see Edward's perspective. It has the same story line as the regular twilight, so similar age recommendations. There isn't much violence, or anything.

Just as good as twilight. More gripping and longer than the twilight book!

!! I pre ordered this and it knocked me of my feet. I’ve read and watched all the twilight but and I so hope they do a midnight sun film. Bit higher in violence than the original story and young people could find it disturbing that Edward can read people’s thoughts and what they are thinking. Really recommend. !!!!!!!

Great Read!

In my opinion I thought the book was excellent. It was nice to get a perspective from Edwards side of the story, as all of the original books were from Bellas.