Parent reviews for Miss Spider's Wedding

Miss Spider's Wedding Poster Image

Very inappropriate. Horrible language and refrences.

I was reading this book to my five year old boys, and I came across the word "pantywaste". Immediately, I put it down. I read it later myself, and there were many more inappropriate words and phrases. One of the illistrations shows the bad spider smoking a cigarette. I absolutely DO NOT recommend this book for children. I actually believe it should be pulled off of the shelves.

1 person found this helpful.
not rated for age

Not the usual Kirk

I am a huge fan of Kirk's work, but this book is a disaster. It's scary and completely inappropriate for small children. I consider myself to be fairly open-minded, but this is not acceptable for children.
1 person found this helpful.

Not for little kids

I was shocked that my kid's school allowed my kindergarten student access to this book. Poor content. The message could have been conveyed without the inappropriate insinuations, the aggressive and verbally abusive spiders, and the demeaning comments relating to the characters' physical appearances. I read a few pages in with my kids. Skipped a few lines while reading due to the content and then shut it completely.

What is your prob kids

How can a kiddie book be scary

I read this book when i was five

There's no content in here.