Kid reviews for Miss Spider's Wedding

Miss Spider's Wedding Poster Image

Wow. That was dark.

I never had nightmares as a child, but I can vividing remember one after reading Miss Spider's Wedding. I fully understand the confusion of parents; for this *is* a kiddy book. But kidnapping? Alcohol? Smoking? And five year old me definitely thought Miss Spider was se***al as**alted. Ending's tight tho

Why

Honestly this book isnt that terrible storywise. I remember this book clearly from my childhood (I was around 3 or 4) and it terrified me. The thing that got me was the illustrations of Spiderus. They scared me so much I had nightmares. I remember I would have my mom or dad read this book to me every night, not because I liked it, but because I was afraid if I didn't read it one night, Spiderus would come and tie me up in his web then suck all the blood out of me. Either I was a really screwed up kid, or this is not a book for children. Its probably the former though to be honest.

What's the problem?

Anyone who has a problem with this clearly has not read it or is overly sensitive. This was one of my favorite books when I was younger, and I still read it for the nostalgia. No problems in it whatsoever.