Kid reviews for Monument 14: Sky on Fire

Post-apocalyptic thriller sequel ups the action, tension.

No reviews yetAdd your rating

Kid, 12 years old May 21, 2015

BEST SERIES EVER!!!!!

I think this is a very good book for mature 10 and up year olds. This book is about basically almost the end of the world while 14 kids are stranded in chain superstore while everybody is dying outside. When they are exposed to outside air they either go paranoid and have hallucinations, turn a crazy lunatic and kill anybody around them, get blisters that pop and then they die, or suffer from no immediate affects except reproductive organ failure. There is A LOT of violence including killing with guns, chainsaws, under the influence of chemical compounds, also violence including choking and disaster scenes with blood and gore. In the book series there is very little sex. In the first book and this book there is people using steroids and other drugs. Also in this book there is kids threatening kids with guns and talk of people being depressed. This book is super good and i definitely recommend it. I do think that you should not read it at night because it can get really instense and scary at some points. It is a sit-on-the-edge-of-your-chair-while-bit-your-fingernails book.

Educational Value
Teen, 13 years old Written byReesehigdonboi April 11, 2018

A little less action but still the same AWSOME

I think that this book has a little more room for action than romance and troubles with relationships but the series is the best I’ve ever read since I’ve known how to Read. NOTE THAT THIS HAS SEX AND DRUG/SMOKING SCENES BE MATURE! Also a lot of violence but what did you expect from a post apocalyptic war zone? Sugar plums and rainbows?

Educational Value
Teen, 15 years old Written bybiovox14 August 17, 2017

Lighter content, in great sequel

So this was another great book, and served well as a sequel, creative, so on. The violence is violent, but not terrible. No language, and one sex scene, thats not to graphic. A big part of the plot centers around teen pregnancy. Pretty good book.