All teen and kid member reviews for New Moon: The Twilight Saga, Book 2

Teen, 13 years old Written byCf-Panda777 August 26, 2010

NO one should ever read this book. Ever!!!

This is one of the worst books ever written. This book teaches girls that just because you're boyfriend dumps you it's okay to engage in self-destructive behavior. Bella is the worst role model any girl could ever find, she's a boring, self-pitying, moron who can't function without her angsty, emotionally abusive, stalker boyfriend. This book is appropriate for ten year-old's, but I don't think they should ever read it. It will turn them into obbsevive little fangirls, who need to go get a life. If you want to read this book, go buy a copy, burn it, and go read a real book. If you're strapped for cash, cut out the middle part and just to read a real book. Here are several suggestions: Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes Call of the Wild by Jack London Watership Down, by Richards Adams All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot SO if you ever have the urge to read New Moon, or any other book in the Twilight 'Saga', just look at the list of books above, They're all awesome, plus they're well written and have a plot, two things all of Stephanie Meyer's books lack.

Better than the first...

In Stephenie Meyer's first book, Twilight, nothing really exciting happened for the first 100 pages. The only thing that kept me reading was to find out what was up with Edward Cullen's strange behavior. But after I found out that Edward and his family were vampires, I couldn't put the book down. When I finished it, I went to the bookstore the very next day to get the sequel, New Moon. New Moon had a lot more action than Twilight, and the pace was definately a lot faster. I must say, though, reading the book for about 300 pages without the Cullens in it was painful. Edward and his family are really what make Bella's dull life exciting. And since the books are told from Bella's point of view, it took the excitement out of the book. But I read on because there was a little excitement with Jacob and the werewolves. But just like Twilight, the end of the book had me reading on for hours and hours until I finished it. Fans of Twilight might be a little disappointed by the abcense of the vampires, but as usual, Stephenie Meyer's writing style and ability to keep you reading even when there really isn't any action in the book at all will have readers on the edge of their seats.
Teen, 13 years old Written byshark710 April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byKelandryOfTortall April 9, 2008

OMG like the best book ever!

This series is amazing. Its not like other vampire books; it's a very beautiful series. I almost cried when Bella and Edward met in Italy. OF COURSE Bella is obsessed with her boyfriend. I'm pretty sure that ANYONE in her situation would be. Hypothetically, of course, but still..... oh and by the way, dont let kids under like 11 read this. Some violence, scary scenes, romance, and big words ;)
Kid, 11 years old November 24, 2010

the perfect book for tweens

i am 11 and read new moon i thought that the book was great. i mean the ending was kind of sad how Jacob just said that he did not want be friends with Bella but it was really good. i know beacause I have read all the twilight books.I love this book. I know that Bella may not be the best role model but that is what makes the book so good.
Kid, 12 years old August 31, 2009

Equivalent to its predecessor, satisfactory-wise

Book Review: I finally finished the highly anticipated "New Moon" last night and must say I was impressed. It is a very long book and could get tedious at moments, but for the majority of the book, it was entertaining. If you enjoyed Twilight, you'll like this as well. Stephanie's New Moon book is highly similar with Twilight, by the writing and characters. All I can say is that the book is highly entertaining and is a great follow-up to Twilight and is equivalent in the satisfactory department of its predecessor. Parental Advisory: I think the book is appropriate for ages eleven and up. There is some kissing, but there's not a plethora of it. There is minimal to no profanity and the profanity spoken is very tame, examples include "hell" and "d*mn'. There is no drinking or drugs. There's more violence here but not grotesque and not used at an excess. Overall: 4/5 I recommend this book to avid book readers. Great writing and characters. I'm starting on Eclipse and will do a review on that when I'm done.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySiennaBellaRose January 3, 2009

I cried so hard that I had to get a towel!

have you cried over a book? This was my first cry book. I am usually really tough, but when Edward left Bella, I couldn't read my book. The page of the break is see-though. I was so happy when Alice came back!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 6 years old April 9, 2008

tyguhnjitgtygty87ujijiokooooooooooioi0oioooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Teen, 13 years old Written bydancekrazy101 April 9, 2008

A must read

I think that this book is wonderful but you have to be aware of the content.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybloodstained_te... April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written bydallas_renea April 9, 2008

OHMYGAWD I LIKED THE OTHER TWO BETTER>

ugh, i hate how edward left in this book, this book made me ball like a baby!!! ugh I HATE JACOB!!! edward and bella would be better off with out him sround screwing things up. read this book now!

a littel boring in the middel...

the begging and end in this book is really good but the middels kind of boring. don't give up on reading this though and don't skim through the middel what happens is really important

LOOOOVED IT!!

Out of all the twilight series, new moon was my LEAST favorite, and that's because Edward wasn't in it! I absolutly H-A-T-E Jacob Black!! I think that the author got caught up in the story, so many parts didn't make sense, but overal, good.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygreenkazoo123 February 13, 2011

Bad Message

After Bella has fallen madly in love with a vampire, he decides he doesn't;t love her, and moves out of town. Then she falls into a deep, and very, very long depression. She befriends a werewolf, and they become bffs. In the end, Bella and Edward end up together and are super happy. This girl falls into a deep depression and later almost gets killed for an un-dead guy, who broke up with her
Kid, 11 years old February 5, 2011

a nice review.

this is good for avid readers.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytristanlvv23 i ... January 30, 2011

gay

hate it so stupid
Teen, 17 years old Written byKnowler January 28, 2011

No common sense of the story.

Hate it. Bella is toying Jacob's feelings just because she's sure she loves Edward. Moreover, Jacob should have stop Bella from seeing Edward in Italy no matter what even if he gets knocked down by a car. Instead, he just let Bella go and accept her goodbyes. Besides, I don't get why vampires and werewolves are enemies in this story. Doesn't make any sense.
Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2010

luv it!!!!!!!!! read it when i waz 9. reread it about 500 times since then!
Kid, 10 years old July 7, 2010

Great Book

I love this book i am almost finished with the book and it is going good so far so ya and Bell is kind of good But Jacob is the best in the movie so i think people agree
Kid, 10 years old March 19, 2010

Perfect for kids 11 and over

Some kissing in it one swear word that kids cannot use would say for kids 11 and over i am only 10 and i am reading t would say to a kid over 11 read this it is a really good book my biggest bro got me the first 2 books as a late Xmas present. one concern is swearing.