All teen and kid member reviews for New Moon: The Twilight Saga, Book 2

Teen, 13 years old Written byCf-Panda777 August 26, 2010

NO one should ever read this book. Ever!!!

This is one of the worst books ever written. This book teaches girls that just because you're boyfriend dumps you it's okay to engage in self-destructive behavior. Bella is the worst role model any girl could ever find, she's a boring, self-pitying, moron who can't function without her angsty, emotionally abusive, stalker boyfriend. This book is appropriate for ten year-old's, but I don't think they should ever read it. It will turn them into obbsevive little fangirls, who need to go get a life. If you want to read this book, go buy a copy, burn it, and go read a real book. If you're strapped for cash, cut out the middle part and just to read a real book. Here are several suggestions: Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes Call of the Wild by Jack London Watership Down, by Richards Adams All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot SO if you ever have the urge to read New Moon, or any other book in the Twilight 'Saga', just look at the list of books above, They're all awesome, plus they're well written and have a plot, two things all of Stephanie Meyer's books lack.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBook Freak November 24, 2009

Perfect for tweens 13 above

Love it
Teen, 13 years old Written byyodude123 January 20, 2009

new moon

bdfshaejsethsdyrd
Teen, 13 years old Written byUnicornGirl February 19, 2013

More dark then first book, but still good

POTENTIAL SPOILERS AHEAD I love this series, but this was my least favorite book. The beginning can be very scary to some people(Bella gets a paper cut and vampires have to be restrained), followed by the Cullen's leaving a few days later. I was never happy while reading this until about 75% through, when Bella tries to save Edward who thought she killed herself. Bella wasn't trying to kill herself, but when she does reckless things, she hears Edwards voice, so she jumps off a cliff (into water) but Jacob saves her. An ok book for me, but others might enjoy it more.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMissGrace4 June 27, 2010

First Book was better

I don't get what the craze was on this book. I didn't think there was anything bad about the book I just though it was monotonous. Only read this to continue the series. P.S. Bella was NOT a good role model is this book. She was an almost disgusting mess.
Kid, 6 years old April 9, 2008

tyguhnjitgtygty87ujijiokooooooooooioi0oioooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Teen, 13 years old Written byshark710 April 9, 2008
Kid, 10 years old July 7, 2010

Great Book

I love this book i am almost finished with the book and it is going good so far so ya and Bell is kind of good But Jacob is the best in the movie so i think people agree
Kid, 8 years old September 26, 2009

perfect for tweens and up

Totally awesome book. It's just as good as twilight, only better. The jumping off the cliff thing for fun thing was sorta weird and the hearing voices thing was weird too, but it was great!
Teen, 15 years old Written bybarbara-16 May 10, 2009
Teen, 14 years old Written byBaconator June 17, 2010

Team Jacob, but not New Moon

Once again, Bella has no life outside of Edward. This is probably THE WORST BOOK in the REPULSIVE TWILIGHT SAGA. It's boring. The vampires are frakkin' pansies who sparkle. I mean, what? They sparkle? Like fairies? If Meyer was trying to be original, she and her vampires fail miserably. I like werewolves. That is the only good thing about New Moon. Yay werewolves.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykkzozo987 April 9, 2008

ONE OF THE BEST BOOKES EVER!!!!!

When i read this book i was 11 and i thout that is was so good and i cant wate of the next book to come out and i head that there is a move come out for it!i cant waght so every one will love this book!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bydallas_renea April 9, 2008

OHMYGAWD I LIKED THE OTHER TWO BETTER>

ugh, i hate how edward left in this book, this book made me ball like a baby!!! ugh I HATE JACOB!!! edward and bella would be better off with out him sround screwing things up. read this book now!

a littel boring in the middel...

the begging and end in this book is really good but the middels kind of boring. don't give up on reading this though and don't skim through the middel what happens is really important
Teen, 15 years old Written byOGORMAN January 16, 2011

Little bit better than the Twilight, but still seems like it takes forever to read.

Due to Edward's abrupt departure, Bella goes into a depressed state that also depresses everyone around her (her father especially). After being forced by her father to go out with friends, Bella realizes that doing reckless things (including: riding on a motorcycle with a complete stranger and cliff-diving) and purposely endangering herself she can catch glimpses of Edward, however fleeting they may be. Throughout this, what at times seems endless, story Bella's relationship with Jacob Black grows, only to have him ripped away at the end because of his being a werewolf and all... Ugh this series... Not my favorite.
Kid, 10 years old March 19, 2010

Perfect for kids 11 and over

Some kissing in it one swear word that kids cannot use would say for kids 11 and over i am only 10 and i am reading t would say to a kid over 11 read this it is a really good book my biggest bro got me the first 2 books as a late Xmas present. one concern is swearing.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTwilightphyco101 March 1, 2010

So so

Kinda boring all about Jacob eww almost feel asleep but then it got exciting with Edward
Kid, 12 years old September 5, 2009

Role Models?

Good. But for a Christian girl like me and many more we shouldn't obsess over vampires. Good book but, no so great role models.
Kid, 12 years old August 31, 2009

Equivalent to its predecessor, satisfactory-wise

Book Review: I finally finished the highly anticipated "New Moon" last night and must say I was impressed. It is a very long book and could get tedious at moments, but for the majority of the book, it was entertaining. If you enjoyed Twilight, you'll like this as well. Stephanie's New Moon book is highly similar with Twilight, by the writing and characters. All I can say is that the book is highly entertaining and is a great follow-up to Twilight and is equivalent in the satisfactory department of its predecessor. Parental Advisory: I think the book is appropriate for ages eleven and up. There is some kissing, but there's not a plethora of it. There is minimal to no profanity and the profanity spoken is very tame, examples include "hell" and "d*mn'. There is no drinking or drugs. There's more violence here but not grotesque and not used at an excess. Overall: 4/5 I recommend this book to avid book readers. Great writing and characters. I'm starting on Eclipse and will do a review on that when I'm done.
Teen, 14 years old Written bynoemisita661 April 1, 2009

love it

it was grate i really want to read this book its the best series there could its the best.