Kid reviews for New Moon: The Twilight Saga, Book 2

Second book in vampire series drips with action and romance.

Kid, 12 years old April 7, 2020

Wow! I am speechless.

It’s INCREDIBLE! But, you should know that there is some suicidal thoughts it this book. It’s really cool and SUPER suspenseful ( The suspense made me scared but the good kind of scared ) Its got some romance in it but nothing bad. It’s a really good book and I think that it’s good for mature 12+. MAKE SURE TO READ THEM IN ORDER!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byIdkkkk July 18, 2020

Really good book

I loved this book. Bella is reckless and depressed for most of this book, but I think mature kids and teens can handle it. I’m not gonna go jump off a cliff just because a girl in a book did. I am glad Edward was struggling with being away from Bella too because at first they made it seem like bell depended on him but he didn’t even want her but Edward depends on Bella just as much as she depends on him.

Teen, 13 years old Written byPACREG2O8O833 April 26, 2020

TERRIBLE BOOK DO NOT READ EVER

I highly advise you never to read this book. EVER. Don't even consider picking it up. It is about a shallow sappy character whose life is only who she dates. It is super messed up and makes no sense-- especially at the end. NO THANKS. Just don't. Don't. Read something more positive with good themes and messages.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMoviegirl700 October 22, 2019

Book features mild romance, violence, suicidal talk.

This book is my least favorite in the entire series so far. It is extremely tame, little to no excitement, and the whole Bella depression is all too far, and not the best. Bella also shows what a poor role model she is when she is literally head over heels, intoxicatedly, carelessly in love with Edward.
Messages/Models: 0/5 Literally nothing
Violence: 4/5 A vivid torture scene in which Edward is injured, nearly dies, etc. A few bloody instances from Bella being clumsy. A few vomiting scenes. Talk of the flu and mono. Bella is reckless, and receives injuries from driving motorbikes, jumping off cliffs, etc. Alice believes once Bella tried to kill herself(she doesn't). Edward tries to commit suicide, and talk of how to commit suicide. Description of an R rated movie with zombies, death, etc.
Swearing: 2/5 A few mild swears, h*ll, and d*mn, two of each at most.
Sex: 2/5 Bella kisses Edward and snuggles on a few accounts, and there is a Jacob kiss once. Jacob has feelings for her that she does not return. Shirtless men. Bella is so in love with Edward she forces herself to do risky things and see him(violence)
Drinking/Drugs:3/5 Bella takes cough syrup to force herself to sleep. She approaches a bar and rides a motorbike with men drinking beer. A mention of selling drugs.
Not my favorite.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySHADOWvampire October 21, 2019

The Sad but Amazing Second Book

I love the Twilight series. I think these books are great! It was so sad when Bella and Edward broke up!
Kid, 11 years old October 19, 2019

Loved it

I love these books!!! There is a bit of violence at the end where vampires throw Edward around the room and also mentions suicide when Edward almost kills himself because he thinks Bella is dead.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMayberry June 13, 2018

New Moon

I definitely think that New Moon is the worst book in the Twilight Saga. Me and my friends all think that. We think that because we believe that it's the most boring. It also included content that we didn't want to happen in the series.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGwen904 May 30, 2018

The best book in the series

I loved the emerging friendship being Bella and Jacob. This is the thrilling second book in Stephenie Meyer's bestselling vampire romance series. I loved it, but it's definitely only for teens and up.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySmolBatNumber46 August 18, 2017

Extremely poorly written book. BORING.

This is one of the worst books ever written. It teaches girls that suiced is OKAY. IT IS NOT!!! It is SELFISH, and RECKLESS, and WEAK. I know first hand. Bella jumps of a freaking CLIFF and almost kills herself. These are NOT messages we want to show our youth. Bella only cares about Edward. She ignores her family and friends (except for Jacob, who seems OK.) Jacob is probably the best role model in here, though he could be better. There is no sex except for a few kisses. If you are looking for a good book here are a few you should check out:
- The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Colins
- The Divergent Series by Veronica Roth (read the first two books. The last one is a waste of time in my opinion)
- A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas (warning: it has explicit sex and some violence. Don't read unless if you are older).
- The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
- The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
- Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell (warning: Violence and sexual references. Be careful!)
These are all romance novels that not only have great and lovable heroines and no stalker boyfriends, they are well written! They are definitely worth reading! They are quite original as well. (In Eleanor and Park and ACOTAR (A Court of Thorns and Roses), it shows what realistic depression is and abusive relationships are really like and they really show how abusive boyfriends are NOT good at all. They also have 3D characters that have REAL flaws/ACTUALLY HAVE flaws.) Thanks for reading (Sorry about any spelling errors)!
Thanks for reading

Teen, 13 years old Written byBook dude 2004 March 5, 2017

Okay

I liked it but not a lot Bella just mopes around for about 200 pages but pretty good
Teen, 15 years old Written bynfhh2002 October 10, 2016

NOPE

Okay guys, like many girls, I went through a Twilight phase. I've gotten over it THANK GOD. Now I realize how horrible it was. I'm talking about the general series for this review. Twilight doesn't show young people it's okay to be yourself and do nice things. IT TEACHES YOU HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO HAVE A BOYFRIEND. Bella Swan is a whiny little girl who falls in love (over the timespan of about a week) for someone who wants to SUCK HER BLOOD. And when this vamp breaks up with her (for her safety) she JUMPS OFF A CLIFF. Bella gets pregnant as a teen and everyone's chill with the fact she is young. She gives up her LIFE, and family, friends and everything to spend immortality with this person. She gives 0 cares about her family ( and later gets all of her friends and family to stand against a HUGE army to save her kid. Sure, it's somewhat cute. But when someone says, "oh well we're outnumbered by a lot are you sure we should do this?" She basically yells that none of them matter at all.) Bella is a horrible role model and kids should not read this. This book doesn't show at all how family matters, you should be kind, live life, do well in school or anything. Bella physically dies to stay with her boyfriend. JUST READ HARRY POTTER OR PERCY JACKSON JUST NOT THIS

Teen, 17 years old Written bypoolwich January 26, 2016

new moon

i think this book is amazing

Kid, 12 years old October 9, 2015

The best book!!

Fantastic book... Adore it!!!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byjuliecathleen August 4, 2015

older kids

I am Julie I read this book at a young age I should of waited for a while it not as much sexs as the last book but it does pop up so I say wait for a little bit older to read then it should be good for age

Kid, 12 years old March 29, 2015

Terrible

I could rant about this forever, but I'll just keep it brief. This book is unreadable. It is undoubtably the worst in the series. Bella is so obsessed with Edward that she cannot function without him. Instead of wasting your time on this disgrace to books and YA novels, read something better.

(Note: I rated this not for kids because it will destroy your young mind)
Kid, 11 years old January 7, 2015

It's A Good Book

New Moon does not have a lot of sex, Edward and Bella do kiss once and a while. Their is really no violence only towards the end. I would recommend this books for kids 12 and older.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn July 27, 2013

I love it!

Just like all the other books in the series, AMAZING!
Kid, 11 years old May 12, 2013

Some violence, and Obsession . . . . . ok for eleven and up !

I saw this movie when I was eight, and thought that the sexual content wasn't an issue, but maybe some of the wolf violence is. There's also some scenes with lots of vampire fighting, but nothing too intense. The obsession that Bella truly feels for Edward is revealed, setting off some sexual content that might not be ok for ten and under. But, for the most part, this movie was great, and better than the first one.

Teen, 15 years old Written byPride and Prejudice April 13, 2013

Pretty Good

I really enjoyed reading this book. However, it's not as good as the first. It helps you get to know Jacob a lot better. Overall it's a good book and worth reading.

Kid, 12 years old March 12, 2013

Sends bad messages!

I did not like this book. I liked Twilight, but when I got to where she started doing reckless things just to hear Edward's voice, I was like, "Ummmmmmmmm... this is NOT sending a positive message. Plus, I feel like it teaches teens to do wreckless things, and to be overly and dramatically depressed just because of a breakup. I mean, it is fine to be sad for a little while, but, I mean, for like SIX MONTHS!!!!!!!!!! Overall, I just thought the book was not good.