All parent member reviews for Nicholas

Parent of a 10 and 15 year old Written bybording January 23, 2009

Very funny in context

My 8 year-old daughter was given Nicholas for a Christmas present. What a treat! Nicholas is a French, male version of Junie B. Jones, one of our favorite characters. The book is written from Nicholas' point of view so you get to hear him describe the adults reactions and what they say. This child's vantage point provides much of the humor. Yes, Nicholas' main occupation is getting into trouble, i.e. smoking a cigar and then getting sick. But hearing his comments on the chaos he and his classmates create is what will bring on the smiles and make you and your child laugh out loud. I suggest you read this out loud to the whole family.
Parent of a 11 and 14 year old Written byRachel C January 3, 2015

very funny

Nicholas is a funny book that is entertaining to all ages. Its a book about a naughty french school boy who gets in trouble with all of his friends. It has been one of my favorites for a very long time. Nicholas gets in trouble but always ends up in a good place.Nicholas takes place in 1950s france not infrance today .There is lots of love, laughter and fun in this book.