All parent member reviews for North to Freedom

Adult Written byreadinggirl April 9, 2008

Great Book

This book was a real gem, especially the references to David's prayers to God. There was virtually nothing wrong with it except some violence and a brief alcohol reference. I was very thought provoking as well!
Adult Written byLilibeth July 16, 2009
I read this book when I was an eleven year old and I never forgot it. Today, as a grandmother, I bought the book for my grandson, and feel like it is just as relevant for his world. It's a 'thinking' book, a book for evaluating what is important in life, for learning to understand why people see things in a different way. For children who have grown up with everything, it is an introduction to the world as it has been and may well be again some day.
Adult Written bychuck6277 April 9, 2008

A much needed perspective

This novel's unique perspective is effective and much needed. Most stories of the Holocaust consider average people, young or old, and document the many changes in their lives. In this case, the main character knows nothing but life in the Concentration Camp. He has not been formally educated, purposefully nurtured, or introduced to politics, religion, or philosophy. The novel reveals yet another horror of the Holocaust: how Concentration Camps stripped children of childhood. This story forces the reader to consider the many kids who never knew anything but the inside of a Concentration Camp.
Adult Written byoneturner April 9, 2008