All parent member reviews for Of Mice and Men

Parent Written byTaylor B. January 23, 2013

My opinion

I believe this book was a very good book for the minds of young adults. I only gave it 3 stars just because I believe it could have been better. Yes, it was a fascinating book but I absolutely do not like how it ended. A little bit more detail to the whole book would've been great. It was a short book, I would of enjoyed it if it had more intense moments and just more events that actually took place. I did enjoy this book to no extent and I'm ecstatic that our school provided this book to us.
Parent Written byJRae2 September 1, 2014

Not worth reading

I prefer to have my child read books that will improve their language. The language, violence, and sexual content of this book does not uplift or improve the vocabulary of any student. I feel there are other books that address the same issues without exposing kids to such foul and degrading language.
Parent Written byboomergage January 23, 2013

Great Book

I liked this book. Its one of my favorite books. It has many good morals. It kept me wanting to read. I thought it taught good morals. It had some cussing but i use that language everyday. I was able to connect with it better. I thought it was a really good book and everyone should read it.
Parent Written bynanmak January 23, 2013

Of Mice and Men

The book Of Mice and Men was an okay book. It was very sad book, and it didn’t have the best language in it. Its not a good book for kids has too much violence and like I said language. The book is mostly about an awkward relationship between George and Lennie. Lennie is a big baby and George takes advantages of Lennie.
Parent of a 16 year old Written byneredn December 7, 2015

Very captivating

I would like to start off by saying, everyone should read this book. Of Mice and Men is a classic, with very strong message. i really loved it when, George tell story to Lennie about the farm they would own someday. I really like how Steinbeck set up the settings of the story. It teaches good morals, value of friendship. i really found it very exciting or more realistic, when there was a use of profanity. The ending of the story took me by complete surprise. I would recommend this book to people who like reading and people that wont get offended really quickly
Parent Written bysnkot December 9, 2015

This book was introduced in the first semester of my English class, at 11th grade. I thought it was going to be boring, so I slacked off, but when there was a class discussion it snatched my attention towards itself. During the discussion, I would wonder in my mind, thinking about why Lennie and George traveled together or why they did not live with their relatives , or why they did not have a house. If they had a house maybe Lennie would not die. I came to learn that this book was written during the great depression, so it naturally had the poverty element in it.