Parent reviews for Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Oh, the Places You'll Go! Poster Image

Pretty good manga

For anyone going anywhere

We started our daughter on Seuss young, and read something of La Jolla's most famous weekly. This is her favorite. What's lovely about re-reading Seuss is the catchiness of his rhyming scheme, we started reading this book in my daughter's infancy, she's nearly four now and knows it so well that she tacks on the final couple words of each line while I read. I always say my daughter's full in between 'be your name...', and the 'B' names Theo provided; this little improvisation always incites excitement in my little one; try it! I also substitute all male pronouns for female ones, 'Ready for anything under the sky. / Ready because you're that kind of a guy!' turns into 'Ready for anything [in the whole wide world]./ Ready because you're that kind of [girl]' I hope your little or big kid connects with this book, it's an inspiring one!

better for 16+

its more of a book for teenagers my age, im almost 18, and i found when i reread the book after about 6 or so years i connected to it a lot better. (i had to write an essay on 2 books from my childhood and i chose this book) its better for 16 year old's and up because its about leaving and going out in the world on your own.....but that's just my personal opinion.

not a.....

not a great book
not rated for age

Will keep it in the bookcase a bit longer

We were given this book as a gift when my son was an infant and I read it to him for the first time recently. He's 4 and very literal. He didn't understand what was going on, was a bit spooked by the scary bits, and actually wanted to stop reading it. I really enjoy the book myself so I'll try it again when he's a bit older.
not rated for age

predictable Dr. Seuss

Not his best work. Try "The Lorax" instead.