All parent member reviews for Parrotfish

Adult Written byWatsit June 18, 2012

From the horses mouth

From the perspective of a Female to Male transgendered person myself, I can say that this is a very good book. It doesn't unfairly portray Gordy, the family or the situation toward bias in any direction. I think its a wonderful book that teaches understanding about a very personal and complex issue. And Ellen Wittlinger pulled it off without demonizing the characters who don't understand. This is a much truer to life portrayal of what it's like than other books about the same subject- even with the surreal christmas pageant looming in the background throughout. The best part though is how surprisingly accurately she was able to describe the feelings (not perfectly, but still..) etc, from the perspective of a transman- herself being a woman perfectly content with her womanhood. I almost felt as though she must have a little something she isn't telling the rest of us, lol. Overall a very good book, I would recommend it to anyone interested in the subject.
Adult Written bymeganc0208 November 2, 2011

This book sends a superb message while being socially educational. It teaches about gender identity, complications, and coming to terms.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byMommy Cris April 9, 2008