Parent reviews for Picture Me Gone

Missing-man mystery best for sophisticated teen readers.

No reviews yetAdd your rating
Parent of a 9, 14, 16, and 16-year-old Written byadvisor.com March 29, 2014

Amazing book!

Unfortunately my children have now 'grown out of the bedtime story phase!'and now practically live in their iPhones. However, in the rare occasion my children are looking for a book, I knew Meg Rosoff was the way to go! My 17 year old son loved this book, as did my 15 year old, Riley.
Being the mature teenagers that they are, they recommended that Zack, my youngest (ten years of age) did not read it. This was because it featured the words, fuck, shit, bloody and piss. It also featured heavily on the tragic death of a twelve year old in a car collision. Also, it features a young girl smoking, and also references sex a few times. Also, it referenced drinking alcohol and committing suicide.
Overall, this book is amazing for mature twelve/thirteen year olds +.
Thanks to you and the incredible author Meg Rosoff.

Parent Written byTheLiberryGuy October 23, 2013

An enjoyable read.

I read this book for a Young Adult Literature class and I thought it was easy to read, the message was that kids do try to understand their environment even when they do not have a broad worldview. I would recommend it to any child who wants to read this book. It is well written, nonjudgmental, and has elements that DO affect children in real life, but it does not bring out the angst in any of the situations it touches upon.

Educational Value