All teen and kid member reviews for Prince Caspian: The Chronicles of Narnia, Book 2

Kid, 9 years old April 10, 2012

This is the book for you.

This book was fantastic!!!! I would recommend it for anyone aged 8 & up. Whether you have a sense of adventure, or you think every book needs a little bit of magic, this is the book for you.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCaroline.Pevenzie May 29, 2014

Prince Caspian

Prince Caspian is a very fun book written by C S Lewis. I think he does a very good job showing you Christian values through fiction. One of my all time favorites. If you have younger children I would suggest reading it to them. But start with The Magicians Nephew!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byGunnarman February 15, 2010

Great sequel!

I love all of the Narnia books. This is probably the 3rd or 4th best. This one is a classic, like all the other narnia books. It is a great sequel to one of the best novels ever. I highly recommend any of the narnia books. Don't pass this one up.
Kid, 12 years old February 27, 2016

Simpler Narnia story has subtler allegory

Though it was published second, this is actually the fourth book in the Narnia series. Most of the Narnia books have pretty blatant Christian allegory. This one still has Christian content, but it is much subtler than it is in the other ones. This one has a theme of religious corruption and restoration. In the other ones, it is pretty easy to spot Christian allegory. It is very hard to in this story. (I didn't even notice it until I looked it up). This theme also does not have to apply to Christianity. If you want a less Christian story about Narnia, this is the book for you. The lack of blatant allegory does not make this book any worse (or any better) than the other ones. The story here is a lot simpler than that of the others. Those expecting a richer and more layered story will be disappointed in the Narnia series, especially this one. There is a twist at the end (not a major twist, and not a stupid twist either). As this was the second one to be written, the lore is still messy, and a lot of elements of it are borrowed from ancient mythology. However, it is less messy than the lore of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. However, it is not messy in a bad way. By The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (third to be written), the Narnia lore is much less messy than this volume or The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. The only overtly sexist comment was made by the main antagonist to one of his followers (something like "stop talking like an old woman"). The gender roles are still outdated (girls stay out of battle). *SPOILERS* There is some violence here. A dwarf, a hag, and a werewolf (all bad) are killed in a fight with three boys with swords, two good dwarves, and a badger. The hag was beheaded. This scene was very short and non-graphic, and takes place with the lights out. Caspian gets caught in a brutal storm where trees are falling, and is knocked unconscious. Peter beheads an antagonist. A talking mouse loses his tail, but it is grown back. *SPOILERS END HERE* There is no sexual content. The only language is Nikabrik's constant threats to kill Caspian. Trumpkin smokes a pipe. Overall, this is a less Christian-themed Narnia story with a simple storyline.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykodywatts123 December 13, 2015

Really Good Book

4 kids go back to school on a train but they were summoned from the train. They were summoned to Narnia because they were needed. They went on an adventure with magic and talking animals. When Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy, the 4 kids, which they helped Prince Caspian battle the Miraz and ascend his rightful throne was one of the most interesting part of the book. I think that this is a good book because it has very good adventures because the 4 kids got summoned to Narnia where they discover that the usurper enemy has taken control. This evil ruler has tried to kill off the magical creatures of Narnia and is unaware of the many Narnians hiding in the remote corners of the land. I would recommend this to other people because it was an adventurous story, interesting, and fighting for rightful throne. I rated this a 4 star, Really Good, because this is truly a good book, in my opinion. As I said there was adventures and has war for power. I also chose "Too much violence" or just violence because they had war.
Kid, 9 years old August 31, 2011

OK but could be better

This is an Ok book but it says some complicated words like 'thus' so I couldn't understand some of it and when it tells Caspian's life it is a bit boring because it goes on for at least 3 chapters. The way they explain it a bit boring too. It wouldn't be that interesting for someone under the age of 10. But not counting Caspian's life the rest of the book was good.

Stupid

Plain stupid

a must read for people who are bored and need a small boost

I do not really like it but some people say it is okay.