Kid reviews for Prince Caspian: The Chronicles of Narnia, Book 2

Prince Caspian: The Chronicles of Narnia, Book 2 Poster Image

My least favorite in the series

This is my least favorite in the series. It just didn't feel like the first one. I felt like there wasn't much of a story here. Still it is a Narnia book. You should read it.

My Opinion on the Book

The book has some bad words and some drinking, yet I think it is a book meant for kids and that it has a great moral, and great characters.

Great Adventure book about morals and courage.

In the 1900’s during the war four children go to a magical land called Narnia. Narnia is a place where an evil King called Miraz he rules over the land, people, and creatures. The four children help Prince Caspian the 10th in a battle against Miraz and his people, to gain Prince Caspian’s right place as King. The book has good morals. I like this book because it’s a book about courage, and standing up for what’s right. My favourite part of the book is when Luce, Edmund, Susan, Peter, and Trufflehunter followed Aslan because it was like they are following Jesus in the right path. It’s also about trusting and standing up. It has fun, magical, and exciting adventures.

Prince Caspian

Narnia prince Caspian written by c.s. Lewis and illustrated by Pauline Baynes. Peter, Lucy, Edmund, and Susan where called in to Narnia by prince Caspian to help him and the Narnians to take back Narnia from the Telmarines. Peter tryed to ambush the Telmarines castle but failed and lost a lot of Narnian troops. When the battle was about to start they sent Lucy to find Aslan to help win the battle, back at the battle the Narnians made a decision that Peter would fight against the Telmarine king himself. At the end of the 1v1 battle one of the Telmarines killed the king and blamed it on Peter and then the war began. By the time the war started Lucy had found Aslan. , Aslan made the trees wake up with a mighty roar and fight against the Telmarines. this book is really good and it has a good message l recommend ages 8+ for this book

"Narnia, Prince Caspian a SUCCESS or a FLOP..."

Narnia, is a miraculous series that showcases fantasy, magic,adventure and much more... It hooks the reader the moment it starts reading it. There are certain points in the story in which you feel as if you are actually experiencing the entire situation which embellishes the reader's reading experience. I really liked it and would like others to try it too.

Pretty Good...

I think this book is pretty good. A bit hard to follow but good. Contains a bit of violence so not for kids that are to little to really handle that stuff. Overall good.

Simpler Narnia story has subtler allegory

Though it was published second, this is actually the fourth book in the Narnia series. Most of the Narnia books have pretty blatant Christian allegory. This one still has Christian content, but it is much subtler than it is in the other ones. This one has a theme of religious corruption and restoration. In the other ones, it is pretty easy to spot Christian allegory. It is very hard to in this story. (I didn't even notice it until I looked it up). This theme also does not have to apply to Christianity. If you want a less Christian story about Narnia, this is the book for you. The lack of blatant allegory does not make this book any worse (or any better) than the other ones. The story here is a lot simpler than that of the others. Those expecting a richer and more layered story will be disappointed in the Narnia series, especially this one. There is a twist at the end (not a major twist, and not a stupid twist either). As this was the second one to be written, the lore is still messy, and a lot of elements of it are borrowed from ancient mythology. However, it is less messy than the lore of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. However, it is not messy in a bad way. By The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (third to be written), the Narnia lore is much less messy than this volume or The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. The only overtly sexist comment was made by the main antagonist to one of his followers (something like "stop talking like an old woman"). The gender roles are still outdated (girls stay out of battle). *SPOILERS* There is some violence here. A dwarf, a hag, and a werewolf (all bad) are killed in a fight with three boys with swords, two good dwarves, and a badger. The hag was beheaded. This scene was very short and non-graphic, and takes place with the lights out. Caspian gets caught in a brutal storm where trees are falling, and is knocked unconscious. Peter beheads an antagonist. A talking mouse loses his tail, but it is grown back. *SPOILERS END HERE* There is no sexual content. The only language is Nikabrik's constant threats to kill Caspian. Trumpkin smokes a pipe. Overall, this is a less Christian-themed Narnia story with a simple storyline. 4 stars.

Really Good Book

4 kids go back to school on a train but they were summoned from the train. They were summoned to Narnia because they were needed. They went on an adventure with magic and talking animals. When Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy, the 4 kids, which they helped Prince Caspian battle the Miraz and ascend his rightful throne was one of the most interesting part of the book. I think that this is a good book because it has very good adventures because the 4 kids got summoned to Narnia where they discover that the usurper enemy has taken control. This evil ruler has tried to kill off the magical creatures of Narnia and is unaware of the many Narnians hiding in the remote corners of the land. I would recommend this to other people because it was an adventurous story, interesting, and fighting for rightful throne. I rated this a 4 star, Really Good, because this is truly a good book, in my opinion. As I said there was adventures and has war for power. I also chose "Too much violence" or just violence because they had war.

Prince Caspian

Prince Caspian is a very fun book written by C S Lewis. I think he does a very good job showing you Christian values through fiction. One of my all time favorites. If you have younger children I would suggest reading it to them. But start with The Magicians Nephew!!!!

This is the book for you.

This book was fantastic!!!! I would recommend it for anyone aged 8 & up. Whether you have a sense of adventure, or you think every book needs a little bit of magic, this is the book for you.