Kid reviews for Princess Academy

Would-be princesses show grit, wisdom in empowering tale.

Teen, 17 years old Written bynewmillenium January 8, 2011

Perfect for young readers, enjoyable for older ones...

I loved this book when I was a tween and I still love it.

Kid, 11 years old January 22, 2010

I COULDN'T STOP READING IT!

Thsi book was REALLY GOOD! i HAD BOUGHT THE BOOK (301 PAGES) and i sat on the couch for about 5 hours. because I could not stop reading it! TRUE STORY The one death as posted above was to a bandit that held the main character and threatened to kill her, he fell off a cliff, (no blood at all)So as like most comments I would say everything about the book, that will be a spoiler. So I could say is GET THIS BOOK NOW!

Teen, 14 years old Written byepic April 9, 2008

a must read for any struggling or somewhat confused adolescent!

Princess Academy is one of the most touching and might I add cute books i have ever read. It is full of good morals to lead any preteen through life, but remind a teen what being a good person at heart is all about. This novel has inspired me to be a better person, and has had nothing but a positive effect on my life. I recommend this book to girls between the ages of 11 through fourteen(any girl older than that would view it as a simple fairy tale) and I'm pretty sure boys wouldn't be interested in this kind of story:) Miri is an aspiring character that all girls could only dream about being like. Her characteristics and traits displayed throughout the story shows a very judgemental girl evolving into a prim and proper lady who finds that people aren't always what others say they are. She is a shining example for girls everywhere and I can only wish that the book is read by all in order to get Miri's traits to spring up in the hearts of the young.
Kid, 11 years old June 2, 2011

Amazing

Great, excellent book... It's basically okay for any kid who can read it, I'm guessing about eight years old.

Teen, 13 years old Written byWarriors_Fanatic July 16, 2010

Great Book!!!!!!!

Princess Academy is one of my favorite books. It is such a great book Iv'e read it 23 times.
Teen, 17 years old Written byAwesomeness21 October 27, 2016

The Princess Academy

This book is a good read. It has a cool storyline, and a fun setting. It is about a group of mountain village girl that are sent to academy so they are eligible to marry the prince. The girls learn the value of a good education, to follow their hearts, and the power of a united community.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMs.Readalot September 15, 2011

My favorite

I love this book! It has all the best things a book could have: action. romance (not yucky stuff), and you can understand how the characters feel! This book is by far one of my faves!

Teen, 14 years old Written bydreamscometrue January 5, 2009

i loved this book so much

i loved this book it showed that girls can be a princess however she is it is a very good book for young fairy tale readers
Teen, 14 years old Written bymusic_and_stuff_11 December 14, 2014

Great book for kids.

I read this book when I was 10 and still love it today. Miri and Peder are adorable and Britta is an admirable girl. The girls are brave and Katar has a change of heart (becoming less cold and opening her heart) The poems before each chapter are beautiful. I really enjoy/ed this book and think kids 9 and up will too.

Teen, 13 years old Written byemmad4 January 16, 2012

Very Cute

I had to read a Newbery book for my seventh grade English class. I chose it because it had a girly appeal. I landed up really enjoying it, the story was very cute.

Teen, 14 years old Written bythreelilac March 17, 2010

great book!

i only say eight and up because younger kids may have a hard time understanding it, not because of the content. If you have a six or seven year old who loves to read, this book is great! I remember picking this up in the book store and loving it after reading the first chapter!

Kid, 11 years old February 19, 2014

I'm obsessed with this book

Before you read this review, I haven't finished this book. The story is about a girl named Miri and she lives on a village, but then the prince's assistant woman comes to open an academy to see who will become the prince's princess. It isn't violent as far as I know, the woman who opened the academy's name is Olana. When the girls are bad, she locks them in the closet or gives them lashes on their wrists. Towards the end of the book bandits come and trap Olana and the girls and the chef in the bedchamber and threaten them. A bandit hangs the youngest girl by her wrists.

Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

The best book by Shannon Hale

She is a terrific writer this is also a brilliant story . Way to go Shannon
Teen, 14 years old Written bytarnished-roses April 9, 2008

A-must read book for all girls and/or fantasy lovers

This is an amazing book!!! I read it with my Literature Cirle at school. It was so much fun...while we ate we would talk about the book for as long as possible and still want to talk! It was well-written and exciting, with a touch of romance. I've read a lot of books and that was one of my favourites! You need to read the book. The beginnings a little confusing but then it's great. So go to the library or borrow it from a friend, please!

I thought the title was bad but don't judge a book by it's cover.

I loved the details, though this is more of a girl book than a boy's, notice the name.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySmartyPants23 September 21, 2010

awesome for any age

This book was one of my favorites since I was 8 years old. Shannon Hale is THE best auther of my life.

Teen, 15 years old Written bygilly_boy January 12, 2013

My memories are very vague on this book.

It's been a while since I've read this book and I'm going on memory on this so forgive me if I mix this with some other book. I thought was really nice, I mean they gave the creeps to ban-dents just by reciting an old story now that is awesome. I like how the stones can transmit memories from one person to the other; she really investigates what she's curious about.