All teen and kid member reviews for Prodigy: Legend, Book 2

Kid, 12 years old March 15, 2013

Fully detailed Review on violence, positivity, and romance content

I am a mature 12 year-old that fell in love with Prodigy's predecessor Legend within a matter of minutes of when I picked it up. Marie Lu certainly does not disappoint on her second run. It is probably even better (I finished it in one sitting in less than 6 hours) The book is less violent than Legend, even though it revolves around an assassination plan, no people really get hurt or injured although there is a plane chase where a major minor character gets killed. Marie Lu's amazing skill to give you a view of her characters minds are displayed again with the sheer immensity of this book's inner conflict June and Day are fighting with themselves back-and-forth about who is correct, who they can trust, and who the Elector Primo really is. It again demonstrates the search for truth at both characters learn who the new elector really is and his plans for the country. The romance is a bit more ramped up than Legend, and parents could disapprove of the fact that June and Day kiss people other than each other (Day and Tess. June and Anden), with around 6 kisses in total and a bathroom scene not unlike the Hunger Games when Katniss has to wash Peeta. In Prodigy, June has to help Day get washed because his leg is damaged, although they are in a glistening porcelain bathroom and not the hunger Games arena. Most of all parents and kids need to know that Marie Lu's second novel will not disappoint with the constant internal conflict, political intrigue, and the undying search for truth.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySr1 August 14, 2013

Great book for a mature twelve or thirteen year old

Prodigy is a great story excellently written by Marie Lu. While I usually find common sense media to exaggerate the reviews they have missed some things you may find important. This book was written with a older audience in mind. The book is less violent than Legend but It is centered on a assassination attempt to kill the elector and start a revolution to bring back the united states. the book will keep you entertained and you'll find yourself sucked into this book. Parents while it is centered on good versus evil there is language violence and sexual themes. Language. The word b****rd is used once or twice a**es is used by the patriots second in command near the beginning of the book and d*mn is used semi frequently. its nothing a child doesn't hear on a average day of school. The violence is toned down from legend yet it does have its intense moments. There is more sexual themes than in legend as the romance between Day and June grows. For instance they are told to clean up and since Day has a gun shot wound June must help him bathe as she is in the middle of examine is wound he begins to remove his clothing and they are soon kissing passionately June sits in his lap with her legs wrapped around his half naked body. Before it goes to far Days leg begins to hurt and they stop. Also when Day and Kaede are trying to sneak onto a airship they are stopped by the engine room guard he asks them what they are doing Day quickly creates a story implying that they are about to have sex the guard lets them through telling them "good luck you b****reds" Also it is suggested that a dead character might have been gay Now my review might seem like a put down it is not I love this book and am simple telling you of some negative content in it. Most of it a thirteen year old has heard or seen before. Maire Lu created a brilliant idea about two teens one who had grown up rich the other on the streets come together and join the rebels to bring down a corrupt government. I hope that everyone can enjoy this book. As ling as you have a mature thirteen or twelve year old who knows swearing is bad or can filter it out of there head the can read this book. I hope this review helped. And I hope you enjoy reading prodigy.
Kid, 12 years old September 4, 2013

Re ally?Again?

Over all I believe that this book is just another book. I was recommended this book for reading the hunger games, I must say that in that sense I way very disappointed in that sense. Not that I particularly like that series. I think hat if you are a parent just looking to see if the book is appropriate for your child then I said that this book was OK for 12&up because the language is not a problem, nor the romance or the violence, but the anarchist feelings that are expressed in this book.These messages may cause insecurity. Of course I really don't think that any parent will be looking at this so yeah.I have to agree that the first book is the best. Overview :kids - for you this is probably just another book. Parents - read the whole review, I can't say what an adult would think.
Teen, 16 years old Written byrebma97 March 8, 2014

Very Good Sequel

Prodigy was a very good sequel to Legend. The writing style was great, I loved the politics involved in it, but the best part, perhaps, was June and Day's struggle to find out who was "right" and whom was "wrong"--who they could trust, showing that the world is not made up in black-in-white. With that being said, I think they made the protagonists a little too powerful for their own good at times, and I got tired of the June and Day relationship drama. Overall, though, it was a very good book. I wouldn't say it was as good as Legend, but it's only a small step below it :) Violence: Lots of action: Day and June spend much of their time on the run from the authorities, whom shoot at them. Blood is mentioned and some characters are killed. During the beginning June has to help Day because of his injured leg, which is described in some detail. Also, one of the major plots revolves around the assassination of a political figure. Sex: Some kissing between June and Day and other characters. June and Day get jealous when the other begins to have feelings for other characters, respectively. It's clear that June and Day are still confused about their feelings for each other. Language: Some mild uses of "d*mn", "h*ll", and "goddy" is used as an exclamation.
Teen, 13 years old Written byroro04 February 3, 2016
I love this book and have read it many times. There is some violence with guns,bombs and just fighting . Almost no sex the main characters do kiss once or twice , one time in a bathroom, but all in all a great book
Teen, 14 years old Written byJLW12 May 9, 2014

Great sequal to a good book

The sequal was very, very, very good. It made the series a highlight and I think that the characters are good role models
Kid, 12 years old February 26, 2014

One of my favorites!!!

This book is as good as the first, if not better. The main characters' rebellion has begun. There's a bit more violence when June is chosen to kill the new Elector, and the romance factor escalates when Day's long-time partner in crime wants a relationship with him, while he is already with June. June is also forced to pretend she is in love with the Elector to lure him into a false sense of security. The characters are better role models in this book. This is one of my all time favorite books along with Divergent, The Giver, The Book Thief, and the first and third books in this trilogy.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySoapyo_14 August 10, 2016

Good sequel

"Prodigy" is a sequel that does not disappoint as it continues the story of Day and June. The romance does increase in this book with one scene where June straddles Day as they kiss. Day and June also kiss other people besides each other. (trying to keep spoiler free) This books violence does become toned down even though the plot is centering around an assassination plot.