Kid reviews for Purge

Purge Poster Image

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

Purge

This was a really good book. I thought the message was great, and I know this book can definitely get through to people the real challenges of eating disorders. Janie drinks and then throws up at a wedding, and has three beers before skinny dipping and then going all the way with her boyfriend. There wasn't much detail, but the author made a point to show that she didn't have a good time and that she regretted it. An anorexic girl dies, and there is lots of mild language along with a few uses of the "f word". Either way, this book was great.

i want to read this book.

I really really enjoyed this book... as a girl who struggles with depression and weight issues i understand this girls positon i dont purge and im not anorexica i am in fact hypoglecmic and if i dont eat i get very sick.(just to prove i'm not) I love the way the author describes it and the way she shows sex to be a bad thing until you want ot have a child and can raise it. She also shows how one guy you thinnk is your whole life can help you through everything. I regret not knowing what happens to missy and callie and tommy. I felt sad when Helen(anoeroxic) died I also felt frightened i wondered hoe much longer the othere ones would last I really enjoyed the details and loved the entire book ..