Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 5 kid reviews

Sort by:

Recovery Road

The book had twist and turns but it always came together. It helped me while I was going through a really tough time while my family member was getting over a drug and alcohol addiction and it helped me teach him that going to meetings and meeting sober people can help him become a better person. Thank you so much Blake Nelson I believe this book has made me a better person also.

Go down the road and see what you find

This is a book that shows you what it's like to be stuck in a sinkhole with no way out. A.Sexy B.violent C.language or D all of the above.......I pick D. If you want a book that will make you cry more then likely make you rethink a lot of stuff then READ it. -Hoped this helped

This story was so touching and I found myself instantly hooked on it. Yes, there are scenes that might be inappropriate for those 14 and younger such as drugs, drinking, swearing, sex scenes (including a near-rape) but despite all of these, it all leads to a positive message from the main character, Maddie, that can teach a few young adults and teens everywhere that you don't have to give up and if you put your mind to it, you can make it in the end. As a teen, I loved the book and I was waiting for a big surprise in the end but have to admit that the ending disappointed me. I just got my hopes up! In spite, however, the book really is fantastic and I do encourage you to let your teens read this if they'd like.

A great read, it has great morals along with characters