Kid reviews for Ruin and Rising: The Grisha Trilogy, Book 3

Ruin and Rising: The Grisha Trilogy, Book 3 Poster Image

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

Everything you need to know about this trilogy

So basically shadow and bone takes place in the Grishaverse where the Grisha which have powers rule over the regular class. I don’t want to say anything else because I don’t want to spoil anything, but you can look up the back blurb online. I absolutely LOVED this trilogy. It gets a lot of hate, but I think it’s great. I will admit that there isn’t a lot of diversity and it wasn’t Leigh bardugo’s best book...but it was also her first book. He diversity becomes better as you read her other books. I think this is great for people who love six of crows and want more of the grishaverse. I haven’t gotten to reading it yet, but It’s in the same universe and I’ve heard nothing but good things. It’s on the top of my TBR! There is mild violence including creatures called colors devouring people but it’s not described and definitely appropriate for anyone over 10. I would have rated this 10+ but I feel like this reading level is a little high for people that age—even as someone who has been an advanced reader my whole life, this would have too much for me at 10. There is no sex in this book but in Ruin and Rising ( the third book in the trilogy) there is one scene that isn’t descriptive at all. In this book there is a make out scene against a wall, but if you’ve already been exposed to this kind of writing it’s fine. I definitely wouldn’t call this book spicy. Overall this series is great and if you’re reading this and aren’t bothered by the things I’ve said then this trilogy is awesome and you should go read it!
1 person found this helpful.

Beautifully Written

Leigh Bardugo really went above and beyond with this book! The end to her trilogy was bittersweet and very well written. The books felt similar to Harry Potter in terms of found family and adventure, but written for older teens. There are many great role models and messages throughout the book. Some moments include character kissing as well as a brief sex scene. However, very little physical aspects are described and the author focuses more on the character's emotions and love for each other. The violence is mild and ok for teens 15+. Overall an amazing book!

Amazing

This book was incredible. The world of Ravka will bring you to a place that you never want to leave. I was looking at some of the comments and some are suggesting about the “sex scene”. When I read this I didn’t find it was to much. Personally I thought it was more of a scheme of them making out. If you where to compare this scene to scenes in breaking dawn (the twilight saga) I would say 3

I hated the ending.

there is more violence and there is a mention of r*ape. Also there is a *** scene but its not explicit. Overall my biggest disappointment was the ending, it didn't do the series justice absolute worst ending I've ever read.

Beautifully written with violence

This book is amazing. I loved it all, with all its violence, love, tension and the final peaceful ending. There is a lot of love, but no graphic sex scenes. I especially loved the scene with Alina, Zoya, Tamar, Nadia and Genya having a lovely chat while dressing up. Sounds boring, but it made a nice break from all the violence. A perfect finale to a (quite violent) series which I loved and recommend to anyone who can stomach a bit of gore.

Lovely Reading

I believe this book is okay,and really just like reading whatever I can get my hands on. If you or others want to read, encourage it! They aren't going to be protected/sensored in the real world from this anyway!

Sad and Sweet

An amazing, sweet but sad ending to this series. Definitely recommend.

Astounding!