Kid reviews for Ryan Higa's How to Write Good

Ryan Higa's How to Write Good Poster Image

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

The best YouTube memoir out there.

Parents need to know that Ryan Higa is a famous, popular YouTuber. In his YouTube memoir, he talks all about his growing up and how it was difficult for this small Asian kid who was constantly being bullied at school. There are multiple language issues scattered around the book. "P.O." is very frequent, and at one point Young Ryan is called a "Chink" (even though he's Japanese, not Chinese). Other stronger words are said as well, including how Dick (Ryan's bully) calls him a "gay f**got" and one middle finger gesture. There isn't much violence, but Dick trips Young Ryan but never physically injures him. Young Ryan has dark fantasies about killing his bullies and how blood gushes from their eyes. Other than that, kids will love this book, and they can handle it.

Great lessons

Gives everyone a realistic insight into bullying, racism and pressure. I love how it teaches kids how to actually deal with bullying because realistically telling an adult doesn't really help. Also it shows us how racism can affect kids. And it shows us how much pressure can be put on children from such a young age. and if you're wondering it doesn't have any sex. Ryan got beat up by his bullies, he was suicidal because of the bullying, he did judo and wrestling... So thats the violence in it.