Kid reviews for Scary Stories for Young Foxes

Scary Stories for Young Foxes Poster Image

Based on 1 review

read this!!!!!

ok, as the title states, scary. but it's all worth it in the end! such an amazing book, I love how the author does the talking for the villains!!! READ THIS!!!

An absolute must read

I recently read this book, and I've already ordered the sequel, Scary Stories for Young Foxes: The City. I was extremely surprised by the quality of this book, for I had picked it up expecting a bland, forgettable story. Boy, was I wrong. I found this read overall more heartfelt than scary, but the author did a wonderful job of combining the two so you really care what happens to the characters. Also, this read has some dark elements. A baby kit is killed, an abusive father tries to kill one of his kits because it has a deformed leg. A kit is thrown of a cliff, a fox is caught in a trap, animals fight and kill each other, and entrails and dead bodies are described. This book probably would not be suitable for kids under 10. This book was 10/10 for me, and I hope the author continues making more books in this series.

Mabey not so strict parents

My mom dose not like anything violent but said this was tame enof and when I told her how it was in the end she said that she ENJOYED it.

Better than expected!

I’m not normally one for “horror” books, but I had nothing else to read and decided to give this one a try. It was surprising deep and captivating. I literally couldn’t put it down by the time I finished the 1st part! However, this book is not for sensitive animals lovers. Some of the events that happen are completely devastating. The saddest two, in my opinion, were when a character who had a perspective in the book fell ill, causing him to become aggressive and nearly unrecognizable, and when a main character’s mother leaves her, believing she was killed. There’s also, as it is supposed to be scary, quite a bit of violence. Multiple animals die. The last two parts are so creepy… in one, a character called Mr. Scratch discovers the rotting paw of a kit in his den, that keeps returning and moving around (however, the reader later learns it was only a trick by the main characters to defeat the villain). Nothing is described in too much detail, but a bird is said to be torn into pieces, and language like this is used throughout the book. One character’s sisters tell him horrifying fantasies that he thinks about throughout the book. There are also themes of abuse. A character called Mr. Scratch attempts to force a vixen named Mercy to kill one of her kits. The same villain also rips the ears of his mates. Mercy’s daughters scare and mock one of the main characters, their own brother, for having a diseased paw. But it’s not all dark. The two main characters teach readers about friendship and being resilient. It’s very moving, and the end is happy. It’s also a creative book: all the scary things that happen are narrated by a storyteller. It’s not my favorite book, which is why it got only four stars, but I did really like it!

One of the best books I've read in a while

THIS BOOK IS INCREDIBLE. Just...wow. Yeah, there's a few scary parts, but over all it's so inspired and original. You won't be able to put it down.