Parent Written byshanerocks May 9, 2012

Crappy book

I started reading this book and got SOOOO bored. I abandoned it after 70 pages. I HATE THIS BOOK!
Parent Written byMomWhoPreviews November 10, 2011

Mild, but constant bad language

My 12-yr-old daughter is reading this for a book club and "loved" the first 1/4 of the book, but now she won't finish because it has "lots of bad words." I thought she was being overly dramatic because I hadn't read this when I previewed the reviews for it. BUT...the 3 or 4 pages prior to her bookmark that I read (about 1/2way in) contained a d@mn, smarta&&, and dumba&&. That means about 1 swear word per page! Yes, they're "mild," but completely unnecessary! Sure, the boy who threatens teachers is a rough kid, but young readers get that just from the descriptions of him; they don't need the adult dialogue. There is also the constant reference to middle schoolers having cell phones and other unnecessary consumer goods.
Adult Written bymashayla September 28, 2015

A challenging book for higher reading levels

If you like a good challenging and interesting book then you will like this book. there is a little bit of curse words and some gory things happen in the book but if you are nine or older it should be ok for you to read.