Kid reviews for Scored

Scored Poster Image

Based on 1 review

In response to other users reviews

I would firstly like to point out that this book is more of a social commentary, than an actual novel. Unlike most of the other countless number of distopian novels, this one tries to point out the flaws in OUR current society, but also the dangers of surveillance in a non sci-fi manner. I do not think that many of my fellow reviewers understand the full extent of this books intellectual properties and significance in our current society. Although maybe younger readers might not fully understand the full ramifications and importance of these issues, it is still important that they are exposed to the realities of our current World. Other reviews seem to have criticized the official review for not highlighting the use of the f-word, but any usage of such word were used in context and not in a tasteless manner. And again, I fail to see the raunchy nature others have claimed to see, any sexual reference/content of this book are again in context and are not intended to be salacious. What sort of parochial childhood did you grow up with where the content of this book could be seen as oversexualized, "sexual content seems a HUNDRED times worse than any other book on here" I mean maybe if you had overly protective parents some events could seem indecent, but nothing that could constitute a rating of 18+. Any younger readers should consider reading or discussing with a parent, but I would not exclude them from exposure.

SOMEONE NEEDS TO REVIEW THIS REVIEW!

The F-word about a dozen times? What on earth?!?! And the sexual content seems a HUNDRED times worse than any other book on here. Who would write something so raunchy? More importantly, who would rate something so raunchy so highly?!

Who rates this stuff???!!!

Just based on your review of sexual content and language, HOW is this an apporpriate choice for a 12-14 year old? We don't let our child watch movies like this; why would we let her read the content?