All parent member reviews for Skellig

Parent of a 12 year old Written byCSM Screen Name... January 26, 2011

an entertaining read

I think this book is good because it makes you think about how nice you can be instead of being selfish. This is a good read for an 11+ but it might bore some older teenagers. Michael controlled himself by being kind to skellig instead of taking out his anger on him because his sister is very unwell and he is much stressed .
Adult Written byWill_coates January 26, 2011

I think this book is a good influence on kids because,it shows love and care such as Micheals little baby sister is in hospital with a heart problem but he shows graet care by taking care of skelig an old angel.On the other hand his dad takes his aggression on Micheal.So overall this is a great influence on kids and shows to give people a second chance.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bygeorgia E January 26, 2011

Remarkable

This book shows the enjoyable things that go on in a young boy’s life. Michael discovers the joy of sharing his kindness with others, you will be drawn in by this remarkable heart pulling book. You will face a range of different feelings happiness, sadness, nervousness and joy. You will be left with questions that don’t have an answer questions that don’t have an answer.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bymr l.w January 26, 2011

The book skellig is intresting and exiting.Why because they found a man and thatg brings in a little drama in to the story.later on he micheal makes skellig to belive not to give up on some one.
Adult Written byhappy1520 March 19, 2012

Skellig Best Book Ever

This is a fascinating book, where a boy who has just moved into his new house. He finds a surprise in the garage an unknown creature that he doesn't quite know who he is.He has a BFF which is called Mina and unfortunately his baby sister is ill.What will Happen to the unknown creature(Skellig) after the garage demoliation?Will he die?
Parent of a 12 year old Written byb3n johno January 26, 2011

an entertaining read

Adult Written byMrs P-B January 26, 2011

Uplifting and magical

A magical and uplifting story of friendship, belief and the unseen workings of the natural world. Michael gives kindness to another and as a result his strange new friend (he finds in his garage) shows him a world of wonder and awe. This is full of descriptive detail and vivid happenings - with a balance between the rawness of real life and the magic of Skellig. It's hard to put down and leaves you with questions that open up a new way of looking at life.
Parent of a 12 and 13 year old Written bymrs corry May 24, 2010

strangely captivating

Realism and magic blend as Micheal struggles to cope with,moving home, an ill baby sister and a very strange discovery in the garage. Have some fun analysing Skellig; so much is meaningful. David Almond presents an accessable read that will appeal to all.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byribenarav July 30, 2009

my amzing descripion of this foul book

rubbish and it is settting a bad influence on the children and know they have made a film about it it is absolutely foul
Adult Written byTeykia April 11, 2009

I Loved this book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I read this book in my Reading class. I am in the 6th grade and my teacher gave us this book to read with partners.At first I really didnt understand it because they are from England.It is a great book that teaches a valuble lesson about how not giving up can help someone.