Parent reviews for Skellig

Skellig Poster Image

Good book, educational, has home schooled character

The book starts out a bit slow, in my opinion. However I do end up really liking it. It's very educational (lots of literary references - William Blake features quite heavily!) It has a home educated character in it and as we're homeschooling my 10 year old, the book was quite appropriate for us. (The main character goes to school.) There are some tense bits involving the health of the protagonist's baby sister, but it all works out alright in the end (spoilers!)

sucks

David almond made some good books but this one is not that good.

it sucks

this book is very bad every page i felt like i was going to vomit

I promise you that you will fall asleep. My children were scared and they were 18.

I would rather watch paint dry on the wall than read this distasteful piece of trash. I am sorry for every single person that has read a word from this book. Every single page I had to drink a entire cup of coffee to keep me awake. I fell asleep reading this (no Joke) It was 6:00 and i was not even tired. Don't waste your eyes away on this Booooooooooooring Book. I wish I could rate it -5 stars. I can go on for ages about how bad this is. I recommend this for mothers of babies to put them to sleep. I wish I could drop a nuke on it.

Skellig Best Book Ever

This is a fascinating book, where a boy who has just moved into his new house. He finds a surprise in the garage an unknown creature that he doesn't quite know who he is.He has a BFF which is called Mina and unfortunately his baby sister is ill.What will Happen to the unknown creature(Skellig) after the garage demoliation?Will he die?

I think this book is a good influence on kids because,it shows love and care such as Micheals little baby sister is in hospital with a heart problem but he shows graet care by taking care of skelig an old angel.On the other hand his dad takes his aggression on Micheal.So overall this is a great influence on kids and shows to give people a second chance.

an entertaining read

I think this book is good because it makes you think about how nice you can be instead of being selfish. This is a good read for an 11+ but it might bore some older teenagers. Michael controlled himself by being kind to skellig instead of taking out his anger on him because his sister is very unwell and he is much stressed .

an entertaining read

Remarkable

This book shows the enjoyable things that go on in a young boy’s life. Michael discovers the joy of sharing his kindness with others, you will be drawn in by this remarkable heart pulling book. You will face a range of different feelings happiness, sadness, nervousness and joy. You will be left with questions that don’t have an answer questions that don’t have an answer.

The book skellig is intresting and exiting.Why because they found a man and thatg brings in a little drama in to the story.later on he micheal makes skellig to belive not to give up on some one.