Kid reviews for Skellig

Skellig Poster Image

it sucks

this book is so bad when i want to nuke the factory were it was made every page made you vomit i wanted to destroy the author for this discusting book when i read the first page i satrted to bash my head on the wall i would rather listen to a karen then read that bad discusting book never read it never ever it sucks so much it is so bad very very very very very very very very very baddddddddddddddddddddddd

AMAZING!!!!

Skellig is an amazing, heartfelt book (according to me). A boy named micheal moves to his new house and he finds a new friend in the most unexpected place, he also meets another friend her name is mina and she is his neighbor. When his family is hoping for a mirical to save his very ill baby sister. He and Mina find something astonishing about their new friend

Had to put it down twice each page from how bad it was.

Horrible. Maybe it is just that I look for faults when I read or maybe it is because Skellig has way too many, whatever the reason, by far the worst reading experience I have ever had. Skellig reads like it was written by a second grader, one time it used "right" a total of 10 times within a third of a page just in the dialogue, including five in a row. The dialogue is so strikingly artificial that I imagine the main character as a robot not a human The characters, apart from the creature, are so amazingly generic that I am amazed this got past the pitch room. One example is Coot, or should I say, generic friend #2. Would burn the novel if I could.

Why are people saying so young like age 9 there’s swearing

Swearing includes blood*y boll*x whithout that it’s a good book

it's ok..

I had to read this book for school and personally I don't recommend it. The writing is different although some parts hard to read (you know very cheesy). The characters were annoying, Mina especially. I think adults enjoy this book but kids would just find it boring like I did.

Cute little book

Throughout the story there were some occations of the "d" and "h" words. The characters also use the word "bloody" a lot. I'm pretty sure it's a phrase used in England a lot. There was also an occasion where Michael and Mina went to Skellig during the night. Michael's dad doesn't know about Skellig and he was wondering why they were out at night. That may have had a slight reference of what the adults were thinking, but it is most likely that I'm wrong about this and they were just referencing the fact that Michael really likes Mina. Also, the dad and Skellig drink beer. At the end it is mentioned that his dad lets Michael have a drink. There may have been a few religeous references throughout the story, but overall I think that it was a really cute book full of friendship, struggles, and love.

its good

It's a good book. You never know what is coming next. It's the best.

Good, but overrated

I loved this book and read the prequel, 'My Name Is Mina'- read it if you haven't already, however, it was not as good as many reviews said. Heart warming moments and thought provoking, though. Yet the plot was a bit slow. Worth reading!

Skellig

Kids must read if they like bad language

Strange book

I thought by the blurb Skellig was going to be really interesting, but I was disappointed. The book is very poetic and magical, but I think it was too weird for me.