Kid reviews for Speak: The Graphic Novel

Speak: The Graphic Novel Poster Image

It's an inspirational book about how it's okay to speak up and that "NO!" can be an answer. Don't think that it was ever your fault. You can't always control what happens in life just try to avoid these circumstances. YOU ARE LOVED!! YOUR VOICE CAN SAVE HUNDREDS IF YOU SPEAK UP! NEVER THINK YOUR VOICE ISNT GOOD ENOUGH! THIS GOES FOR BOY'S, GIRL'S, THEY'S AND THEM'S!!! YOU CAN HELP SOMEONE SPEAK THE TRUTH AND FIND THE CULPRIT! PLEASE STAY SAFE OUT THERE IN THIS WORLD!!! This is just part of what I got from this story, it was inspirational and I think it should be read to the world.

Depends how sensitive are you

This book is a book that if you mature enough, can read. This book has a great role model and is inspiring, personally, this is one of my favorite books that I have ever read. However, it is quite dark and if you are sensitive, I recommend not reading this book, as it is heart-breaking and mature.

So important

this is such an important story to tell, and it's done beautifully. I read this at 13 and I while I was expecting it to be painful and probably the most mature thing I'd read at the time, I was still taken off guard by how much the story hurt. And good! That drives the message home that rape is never the victim's fault and how wrong it is. I think boys should read it to gain more insight on this issue and understanding for girls (you have no idea how many boys said 'just report it' when a classmate of mine was assaulted).

A little too real

I can't speak for teens who aren't survivors but this book hit me very hard where it hurt. It describes the experience of depression and sexual assault incredibly accurately and in a way that makes you not want to put the book down. If you're an adult and your kid is reading this please be there for them; it's a lot to take in. I bawled my eyes out after this book but I've reread it several times.