All teen and kid member reviews for Stargirl

Kid, 11 years old February 2, 2011

Quite Possibly the Best Book I Have Ever Read

This is a REALLY good book. Leo may not be the best role model, but I really think that Stargirl is because she acts like... herself, no matter what other people think of her. There are some mean characters, but Stargirl always does what she thinks is right. There is a kiss, and some hand holding and general displays of affection. Overall, a very good book for mature people to read, but not really little kids.
Kid, 12 years old November 14, 2010
I had some doubts about this book going into it. I mean, I didn't really like the sound of a book called 'Stargirl'. Man, was I wrong. Stargirl can be related to by anyone who has ever felt weird, or like they are being shunned by the entire world. (Oh, just saying, this book is probably appropriate for 9+, but I think you have to be middle-school age and up to really appreciate it.) Stargirl is a wonderful person, and the end made me get teary. Very good book.
Teen, 13 years old Written bythedogdays August 3, 2012

A 6th Grade Read

Honestly, I didn't like this book. It gives a good message to the reader, that being popular isn't what is important in life. However, it wasn't a very interesting story and there is no plot to follow.
Kid, 12 years old May 2, 2011

I love it to bits!!!

It is the sweetest book in the whole world, my favorite book. Some people say it has a boring plot or it is a girly book, but that isn't true. Sure, to some it IS going to be boring. I loved Little Women and my teacher found it boring. It just depends on your personality. Don't dismiss it as a "girly" book. That is why my friend said and I nearly threw my backpack at him. Yes, there is romance, but that doesn't make it a girls-only book! He has never read it and doesn't know what it's about. I think it might be the title, "StarGIRL" that turns many boys away. She can't well name herself "Starboy," can she? It is narrated by a boy, and it does not circulate around their romance; it is about being yourself, being kind, and finding out who you are in a place where being different is not well received. And can you believe all this was written by a twelve year old? :)
Kid, 12 years old April 5, 2013

Man tears, nerd word, and awkward phases

For any on who has gone through an awkward stage, or where you have felt different from everyone else. Then, you are just the beginning of the twisting novel that made a couple of my male classmates shed a man tear. This is a beautiful story taking you through fantastically strange and twist and turns. Love this novel. Thinking about writing a screenplay, nerd word. Peace, Phebe
Teen, 15 years old Written byClearastheSea April 13, 2011

Perfect for 10+

'Stargirl' is wonderful because it shows how being different in society can both change others and turn others against you. The character of Stargirl is wonderfully unusual and inspires kids and teens to be themselves.
Kid, 10 years old June 9, 2010

GREAT BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think stargirl is a great book for pre-teens .It has a great message about just being yourself no matter what people think.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynevr ben kissd April 9, 2008

really good

it tells you to stand out&be yourself, but keep it at a controllable degree.even though it wasn't my type of book,it is, now.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySavannah jones October 4, 2015

Pretty good

Stargirl in my opinion is a good book but not a great one. The reason I say this is because in the beginning of the book it was very slow. For example when the main character does something like even just walking they take forever to tell us that she is walking because they are too busy describing everything else. Some readers may love how desciptive the author was in this book but I would've enjoyed the book alot more if it weren't so slow during the beginning. The ending did catch my attention though and was worth waiting for. I chose ages ten and up to read this book the reason i chose this particular age range was because it is a child friendly book since there is no foul language or inappropriateness in the book ,but there are some word that not all younge ages will be able to read.

Stargirl is turning into a movie!

Stargirl is a wonderful and sweet role model! It has a sweet message and teaches kids to be theirself and to be nice to everyone! The reason why I put 12+ is because kids in Middle School will get this book more then a kid in Elementary School. Stargirl is also turning into a movie!! But unfortunately it is going to be directed by the same women who directed Twilight, I hope she doesn't mess it up...

Teen, 17 years old Written bynix April 9, 2008

must read, GREAT!!

It was a great book with different meanings to different people. All my friends in my book club adored this book and they couldn't put it down! A must read for anybody, it shows you that everybody goes through a stage of not knowing who they are.
Teen, 14 years old Written byladybuglooove September 4, 2015

another good read by jerry spinelli

jerry spinelli succeeds in inspiring and captivating readers with a high school love story-- but not your typical one. i don't know what else to say.. stargirl is simply a must read!

Teen, 13 years old Written byBri-BoB November 13, 2011

Amazing author and book

I'm only 13 and i think this book is the best I've ever read so far .It was just wonderful i really liked it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBrigidsoccer_10 August 12, 2016
I thought that this was a good book and perfect for kids around 12 because it gives a great message that a lot of kids need because mist kids are afraid to be themselves because they think others will judge them for it so I think this book's message might help some people who are struggling with that problem
Teen, 13 years old Written byKdrewk May 5, 2016

I really liked this book!

I really enjoyed this book (well, in a 4 star way:) ). The characters were really developed, and I felt a strong connection to them while reading this book. I especially liked Stargirl, because she was eccentric (in a good way) and easy-going, and she was not afraid to be herself. She may have been different than everybody else, and perhaps perceived as a bit weird, but she didn’t care one bit about what others thought of her, and she was determined to only do the right thing and be mindful of others’ feelings. She was unlike any other character I have ever read about, and I would love to have a friend as spunky and upbeat as her! Even when being teased, she warded off all the bullies and the bad comments and only focused on being the best she could be, which I definitely admire. Stargirl would absolutely make an amazing role model for others because of her positivity! The plot was good too, but I would say that Stargirl was the real stand out for this book. She is probably the most memorable book character I have ever read about, which forced me to pick up the sequel, Love, Stargirl! A review for that will be coming soon enough.:)
Kid, 12 years old August 24, 2015

Amazing and Inspiring book!

I was 11 when I read this, and it is still my most favorite book. Stargirl is a positive book for any child or teenager. It's also good for self-esteem problems, and I definitely recommend it to anyone. Stargirl is a very happy girl that loves to give people presents, sing to people when it's their birthday, and carries around her pet rat, cinnamon.